More than a year after the third cycle of The Sing-Off ended its run on NBC, the network has greenlighted a fourth cycle of the reality competition series for acapella groups hosted by Nick Lachey. Auditions are slated for April 27-May 18. The Sing-Off did solid business for NBC when it aired as a week-long strip in December 2009 and 2010, part of the network’s holiday programming. But when NBC slated it as a two-hour regular weekly series in fall 2011, it fizzled. NBC will likely revert to the show’s original format as a multi-night holiday event for Season 4.
NBC Brings Back ‘The Sing-Off’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Simon Cowell Makes U.S. TV Return As A Kinder, Gentler ‘America’s Got Talent’ Judge
- ‘Outcast’ Review: Robert Kirkman’s Cinemax Series Not For The Squeamish
- Verne Lundquist Leaving ‘SEC On CBS’ Booth After 2016; Brad Nessler Subbing In
- Universal TV President Bela Bajaria Out; Pearlena Igbokwe Eyed As Replacement
- Don Mischer Will Be Back As Producer Of Primetime Emmy Awards
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?