Ben & Kate alum Nat Faxon has been tapped to guest star in ABC’s comedy pilot Spy. The story centers on Tim (Rob Corddry), a well-intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, Marcus (Mason Cook), who inadvertently takes a job at the Secret Service in order to prove himself a worthy father. Faxon will play Alan, the new boyfriend of Tim’s ex-wife (Paget Brewster) who desperately wants to be friends with Tim and also happens to the principal at Marcus’ elementary school. On the breakdown, the role was listed as a guest star with a series option. If Spy goes to series, Faxon is not expected to be a regular, but the plan is to have him in as many episodes as possible. Faxon, who won an Oscar last year for co-writing The Descendants, fielded multiple pilot offers this season but didn’t want to commit to a series full time because of his projects on the feature side, where he also is looking to direct.
Nat Faxon Joins ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Spy’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams