Ben & Kate alum Nat Faxon has been tapped to guest star in ABC’s comedy pilot Spy. The story centers on Tim (Rob Corddry), a well–intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, Marcus (Mason Cook), who inadvertently takes a job at the Secret Service in order to prove himself a worthy father. Faxon will play Alan, the new boyfriend of Tim’s ex-wife (Paget Brewster) who desperately wants to be friends with Tim and also happens to the principal at Marcus’ elementary school. On the breakdown, the role was listed as a guest star with a series option. If Spy goes to series, Faxon is not expected to be a regular, but the plan is to have him in as many episodes as possible. Faxon, who won an Oscar last year for co-writing The Descendants, fielded multiple pilot offers this season but didn’t want to commit to a series full time because of his projects on the feature side, where he also is looking to direct.
Nat Faxon Joins ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Spy’
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev 'Mortal Engines'; Directing Debut For 'Hobbit' VFX Protege Christian Rivers
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
Latest TV News
- Obama Derides Donald Trump In ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Visit
- Media-Loathing Donald Trump Launches Alt Nightly Campaign Coverage
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek