Ben & Kate alum Nat Faxon has been tapped to guest star in ABC’s comedy pilot Spy. The story centers on Tim (Rob Corddry), a well–intentioned father of a highly intelligent and verbal son, Marcus (Mason Cook), who inadvertently takes a job at the Secret Service in order to prove himself a worthy father. Faxon will play Alan, the new boyfriend of Tim’s ex-wife (Paget Brewster) who desperately wants to be friends with Tim and also happens to the principal at Marcus’ elementary school. On the breakdown, the role was listed as a guest star with a series option. If Spy goes to series, Faxon is not expected to be a regular, but the plan is to have him in as many episodes as possible. Faxon, who won an Oscar last year for co-writing The Descendants, fielded multiple pilot offers this season but didn’t want to commit to a series full time because of his projects on the feature side, where he also is looking to direct.
Nat Faxon Joins ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Spy’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- Harold Lloyd Pics To Be Animated; INTV Adds Li Ruigang Keynote – Global Briefs
- Seth Meyers: Donald Trump’s Past Few Years In Office Have Only Been One Month
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55