The expanded 20-episode third season of MTV‘s Awkward will launch on Tuesday, April 16, at 10 PM with an hour-long premiere (trailer below). The following week, Awkward will be joined by new series Girl Code, a spinoff of MTV2’s Guy Code, which will air in the 10:30 slot for what MTV touts as “funny female comedy lineup.” The announcement comes just as Awkward creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich exited her MTV pilot Hot Mess. The Tuesday block signals MTV’s emphasis on female-oriented programming under new programming chiefs Susanne Daniels and Mina Lefevre, who both come from backgrounds of developing for young females at the WB and ABC Family, respectively.
MTV Sets ‘Awkward’ Return, Female Comedy Block
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over