I’ve learned that MTV has decided not to go forward with comedy pilot Hot Mess following the recent departure of the project’s creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich. The decision comes as MTV brass are screening pilots for potential series pickups. Hot Mess had been considered a top contender based on strong testing and the pedigree of its creator, Awkward creator/executive Iungerich. But, like on Awkward, I hear Iungerich’s voice was at the core of Hot Mess, and, with her gone, MTV executives ultimately decided not to go forward with the project.
MTV Pilot ‘Hot Mess’ Not Going Forward Following Creator Lauren Iungerich’s Exit
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot
- NBC Adapting Movie 'Problem Child' As Comedy Written By Scot Armstrong