I’ve learned that MTV has decided not to go forward with comedy pilot Hot Mess following the recent departure of the project’s creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich. The decision comes as MTV brass are screening pilots for potential series pickups. Hot Mess had been considered a top contender based on strong testing and the pedigree of its creator, Awkward creator/executive Iungerich. But, like on Awkward, I hear Iungerich’s voice was at the core of Hot Mess, and, with her gone, MTV executives ultimately decided not to go forward with the project.
MTV Pilot ‘Hot Mess’ Not Going Forward Following Creator Lauren Iungerich’s Exit
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- “Hello, Clarice” – Jodie Foster Visits Stephen Colbert For Special Probe Into Lecter Ties To Trump
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix