I’ve learned that MTV has decided not to go forward with comedy pilot Hot Mess following the recent departure of the project’s creator/executive producer Lauren Iungerich. The decision comes as MTV brass are screening pilots for potential series pickups. Hot Mess had been considered a top contender based on strong testing and the pedigree of its creator, Awkward creator/executive Iungerich. But, like on Awkward, I hear Iungerich’s voice was at the core of Hot Mess, and, with her gone, MTV executives ultimately decided not to go forward with the project.
MTV Pilot ‘Hot Mess’ Not Going Forward Following Creator Lauren Iungerich’s Exit
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive