Them’s fighting words: “All I know is I kicked CNN’s ass without Jeff Zucker“, MSNBC head Phil Griffin boasts in a New Republic article posted today. “Now I gotta kick his ass, too”. The profile details Griffin’s history with ex-NBC topper and now CNN head Jeff Zucker but positions Fox News‘s Roger Ailes as Griffin’s real target. (A nickname for Ailes’ rival network at Griffin’s office, according to the piece: “Loserville”.) The MSNBC president also revealed designs on evolving his news network into a lifestyle channel “covering fashion, entertainment, sports, and food”: “I’m giving Chris Matthews a [digital] channel to talk about movies and good television shows like Mad Men and Homeland“, Griffin said. As Deadline reported last month, MSNBC came second to Fox News in February’s ratings, with CNN in third.
MSNBC’s Griffin Aims To Beat Fox News By 2014; Plots Lifestyle Programming
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney