Them’s fighting words: “All I know is I kicked CNN’s ass without Jeff Zucker“, MSNBC head Phil Griffin boasts in a New Republic article posted today. “Now I gotta kick his ass, too”. The profile details Griffin’s history with ex-NBC topper and now CNN head Jeff Zucker but positions Fox News‘s Roger Ailes as Griffin’s real target. (A nickname for Ailes’ rival network at Griffin’s office, according to the piece: “Loserville”.) The MSNBC president also revealed designs on evolving his news network into a lifestyle channel “covering fashion, entertainment, sports, and food”: “I’m giving Chris Matthews a [digital] channel to talk about movies and good television shows like Mad Men and Homeland“, Griffin said. As Deadline reported last month, MSNBC came second to Fox News in February’s ratings, with CNN in third.
MSNBC’s Griffin Aims To Beat Fox News By 2014; Plots Lifestyle Programming
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE