Them’s fighting words: “All I know is I kicked CNN’s ass without Jeff Zucker“, MSNBC head Phil Griffin boasts in a New Republic article posted today. “Now I gotta kick his ass, too”. The profile details Griffin’s history with ex-NBC topper and now CNN head Jeff Zucker but positions Fox News‘s Roger Ailes as Griffin’s real target. (A nickname for Ailes’ rival network at Griffin’s office, according to the piece: “Loserville”.) The MSNBC president also revealed designs on evolving his news network into a lifestyle channel “covering fashion, entertainment, sports, and food”: “I’m giving Chris Matthews a [digital] channel to talk about movies and good television shows like Mad Men and Homeland“, Griffin said. As Deadline reported last month, MSNBC came second to Fox News in February’s ratings, with CNN in third.
MSNBC’s Griffin Aims To Beat Fox News By 2014; Plots Lifestyle Programming
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'