The Fox Sports baseball analyst and announcer announced today that this October’s 2013 World Series will be his last. A former all-star MLB catcher, McCarver won two World Series with the St. Louis Cardinals before he segued into broadcasting in 1980. During his network baseball run he called games for NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox, where he’s shared duties with Joe Buck on MLB On Fox since 1996. “I’ve informed FOX Sports that I will not seek to extend my contract to broadcast baseball past the 2013 season”, he said in a statement, adding “it’s time to cut back”. McCarver’s nationally syndicated sports talk show is in its 12th season.
Fox Sports’ Tim McCarver Says He’s Retiring
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Channing Tatum's Production Shingle Taps Nellie Stevens-Reed As Head Of TV
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV
- Open Road Sets 2015 Date For 'Rock The Kasbah'
- CBS Sets 'Madam Secretary' Encore On Its Premiere Night
- BAFTA Sets Key Dates, Timeline For 2015 Film Awards