After a lengthy search, Treme‘s Michiel Huisman has landed the male lead opposite Laura Ramsey in NBC‘s Carlton Cuse-produced pilot The Sixth Gun. Written by Ryan Condal based on the comic, directed by Jeffrey Reiner and produced by Universal TV, the supernatural Western follows the story of six mythical guns, each with its own other-worldly powers. When the Sixth Gun, the most powerful and dangerous of the group, resurfaces in the hands of an innocent girl, a farmer’s daughter named Becky Montcrief (Ramsey), dark forces reawaken. Huisman plays Drake Sinclair, a rogue gunslinger and handsome bastard. Coming from a shadowy past of mixed allegiances, the shrewd Drake is searching for the Sixth Gun because he believes it will lead to a great treasure. Huisman, repped by ICM Partners, Meg Mortimer and Frank Stewart, recently recurred on ABC’s Nashville.
Michiel Huisman To Star In NBC Pilot ‘The Sixth Gun’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Raycom Media TV Stations Blacked Out By DirecTV In Carriage Dispute
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over