After a lengthy search, Treme‘s Michiel Huisman has landed the male lead opposite Laura Ramsey in NBC‘s Carlton Cuse-produced pilot The Sixth Gun. Written by Ryan Condal based on the comic, directed by Jeffrey Reiner and produced by Universal TV, the supernatural Western follows the story of six mythical guns, each with its own other-worldly powers. When the Sixth Gun, the most powerful and dangerous of the group, resurfaces in the hands of an innocent girl, a farmer’s daughter named Becky Montcrief (Ramsey), dark forces reawaken. Huisman plays Drake Sinclair, a rogue gunslinger and handsome bastard. Coming from a shadowy past of mixed allegiances, the shrewd Drake is searching for the Sixth Gun because he believes it will lead to a great treasure. Huisman, repped by ICM Partners, Meg Mortimer and Frank Stewart, recently recurred on ABC’s Nashville.
Michiel Huisman To Star In NBC Pilot ‘The Sixth Gun’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign