After a lengthy search, Treme‘s Michiel Huisman has landed the male lead opposite Laura Ramsey in NBC‘s Carlton Cuse-produced pilot The Sixth Gun. Written by Ryan Condal based on the comic, directed by Jeffrey Reiner and produced by Universal TV, the supernatural Western follows the story of six mythical guns, each with its own other-worldly powers. When the Sixth Gun, the most powerful and dangerous of the group, resurfaces in the hands of an innocent girl, a farmer’s daughter named Becky Montcrief (Ramsey), dark forces reawaken. Huisman plays Drake Sinclair, a rogue gunslinger and handsome bastard. Coming from a shadowy past of mixed allegiances, the shrewd Drake is searching for the Sixth Gun because he believes it will lead to a great treasure. Huisman, repped by ICM Partners, Meg Mortimer and Frank Stewart, recently recurred on ABC’s Nashville.
Michiel Huisman To Star In NBC Pilot ‘The Sixth Gun’
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Andreeva
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA