The First Lady isn’t losing sleep over criticism she’s received over her satellite appearance at the Oscars on Sunday. And she said she’s not surprised the stunt garnered quite a bit of attention, given today’s pervasive 24/7 social media culture. “We live in a time when there are bloggers and tweeters and 24-hour news and everyone has a voice in this town square, and it’s a big one,” Michelle Obama told Today contributor Kelly Wallace in an interview this morning. “That means at any point at a given time, somebody’s not going to like what you do. That’s just the nature of things.” She also told the Associated Press she doesn’t give a second thought to critical comments about things she does as first lady. “I just don’t think about that stuff”, adding that her Oscars appearance fit in with her larger goal of support for the arts.
Michelle Obama Brushes Off Criticism Over Oscars Appearance
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest Awardsline News
- Notes On The Season: Jeff Bezos Throws A ‘Big Sick’ Party, Praises ‘The Post’; Oscar And Tony Winners Pasek And Paul Are Truly…
- ‘Detroit’ Breakout Algee Smith On Michigan Mayhem & Kathryn Bigelow: “A Leader That’s Not Afraid To Trust”…
- ‘Wonder Wheel’ Production Designer On The Artist Who Has Breathed New Life Into Woody Allen’s Films
- ‘Dunkirk’ & ‘Orient Express’ Star Kenneth Branagh On Poirot’s Personality & Christopher Nolan’s…
- Getting To The Heart Of ‘Coco’ – The Contenders Video
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s’ Guillermo Del Toro Ranks His Favorite Del Toro Films, But Says “I Would Die For Each Of My 10 Movies”…