The First Lady isn’t losing sleep over criticism she’s received over her satellite appearance at the Oscars on Sunday. And she said she’s not surprised the stunt garnered quite a bit of attention, given today’s pervasive 24/7 social media culture. “We live in a time when there are bloggers and tweeters and 24-hour news and everyone has a voice in this town square, and it’s a big one,” Michelle Obama told Today contributor Kelly Wallace in an interview this morning. “That means at any point at a given time, somebody’s not going to like what you do. That’s just the nature of things.” She also told the Associated Press she doesn’t give a second thought to critical comments about things she does as first lady. “I just don’t think about that stuff”, adding that her Oscars appearance fit in with her larger goal of support for the arts.
Michelle Obama Brushes Off Criticism Over Oscars Appearance
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'