EXCLUSIVE: Michael Angarano will costar in Heat, a remake of the 1986 Burt Reynolds film that features Jason Statham as Nick, a recovering gambling addict working as a for-hire tough guy. Simon West is directing. Angarano will play Cyrus Kinnick (portrayed in the original by Peter MacNicol), a tech billionaire who hires Nick as a bodyguard and gambling tutor. He next appears in The English Teacher and Empire State and is repped by UTA. The Heat redo was written by William Goldman and the pic is produced by SJ Pictures, Quad Productions and Current Entertainment.
Michael Angarano Cast In ‘Heat’ Remake
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Abrams Artists Sues 'Ghost Adventures' Producer Over Unpaid Commissions
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa