EXCLUSIVE: Michael Angarano will costar in Heat, a remake of the 1986 Burt Reynolds film that features Jason Statham as Nick, a recovering gambling addict working as a for-hire tough guy. Simon West is directing. Angarano will play Cyrus Kinnick (portrayed in the original by Peter MacNicol), a tech billionaire who hires Nick as a bodyguard and gambling tutor. He next appears in The English Teacher and Empire State and is repped by UTA. The Heat redo was written by William Goldman and the pic is produced by SJ Pictures, Quad Productions and Current Entertainment.
Michael Angarano Cast In ‘Heat’ Remake
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean CyberTerror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video