EXCLUSIVE: Michael Angarano will costar in Heat, a remake of the 1986 Burt Reynolds film that features Jason Statham as Nick, a recovering gambling addict working as a for-hire tough guy. Simon West is directing. Angarano will play Cyrus Kinnick (portrayed in the original by Peter MacNicol), a tech billionaire who hires Nick as a bodyguard and gambling tutor. He next appears in The English Teacher and Empire State and is repped by UTA. The Heat redo was written by William Goldman and the pic is produced by SJ Pictures, Quad Productions and Current Entertainment.
Michael Angarano Cast In ‘Heat’ Remake
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'