MGM announced today that it has picked up film rights to the Tomb Raider video game from GK Films and will be working with the company to reboot the action franchise. GK Films had acquired Tomb Raider rights back in late 2010 from interactive entertainment company Square Enix Ltd. Two previous Tomb Raider films starring Angelina Jolie were released in 2001 and 2003.
MGM & GK Films Team For ‘Tomb Raider’ Reboot
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Viola Davis & Mahershala Ali’s Oscar Wins Prove Successful Film & TV Careers Can Co-Exist
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog
- And The Winner For Grandest Oscar Party Invite…
- Oscars Scorecard: Wins By Film & Studio
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight