MGM announced today that it has picked up film rights to the Tomb Raider video game from GK Films and will be working with the company to reboot the action franchise. GK Films had acquired Tomb Raider rights back in late 2010 from interactive entertainment company Square Enix Ltd. Two previous Tomb Raider films starring Angelina Jolie were released in 2001 and 2003.
MGM & GK Films Team For ‘Tomb Raider’ Reboot
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' Box Office May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' - B.O. Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…