Mercedes Ruehl is set to co-star opposite Steve Coogan and Carla Gugino in David Shore’s ABC legal drama pilot Doubt. The project, from Sony TV, centers on Vincent (Coogan), a former cop who’s now a cunning but charming low-rent lawyer using his street smarts to work the system for his clients while battling his own demons and wooing his ex-wife Linda (Gugino). Oscar and Tony winner Ruehl, repped by Frontline Management and Innovative, will play Mrs. Syn Newman, a lawyer who works (and constantly bickers) with his husband (John Pankow) in offices they rent from Vince. Though frequently exasperated by Vincent, she also considers him a son and her frustration with him never dampens her desire to fight alongside him. Doubt reunites Ruehl with Sony TV after starring in the studio’s Fox comedy pilot El Jefe last season. She guest stars in the episode of TNT’s Monday Mornings which airs this Monday and will be seen in the film Chu And Blossom.
Mercedes Ruehl Joins ABC Pilot ‘Doubt’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips
- CBS Buys Adaptation Of British Comedy 'Friday Night Dinner' As Put Pilot