Mercedes Ruehl is set to co-star opposite Steve Coogan and Carla Gugino in David Shore’s ABC legal drama pilot Doubt. The project, from Sony TV, centers on Vincent (Coogan), a former cop who’s now a cunning but charming low-rent lawyer using his street smarts to work the system for his clients while battling his own demons and wooing his ex-wife Linda (Gugino). Oscar and Tony winner Ruehl, repped by Frontline Management and Innovative, will play Mrs. Syn Newman, a lawyer who works (and constantly bickers) with his husband (John Pankow) in offices they rent from Vince. Though frequently exasperated by Vincent, she also considers him a son and her frustration with him never dampens her desire to fight alongside him. Doubt reunites Ruehl with Sony TV after starring in the studio’s Fox comedy pilot El Jefe last season. She guest stars in the episode of TNT’s Monday Mornings which airs this Monday and will be seen in the film Chu And Blossom.
Mercedes Ruehl Joins ABC Pilot ‘Doubt’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'Once Upon A Time' Series Finale: Ginnifer Goodwin, Jennifer Morrison, Josh Dallas & Emilie de Ravin Returning
Bankruptcy Reveals Wild List Of Who The Weinstein Company Owes Money To: Malia Obama, David Bowie, Michael Bay
Fred Savage: Fox Calls Harassment Claims Against 'The Grinder' Actor "Unfounded", Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing
Latest TV News
- ‘The Assassination Of Gianni Versace’ Season Finale: What Does Designer’s Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
- ‘Most Likely To’: Donald Faison & Laya DeLeon Hayes Cast In ABC Comedy Pilot
- ‘Magnum P.I.’ Casts Stephen Hill; ‘Dead Inside’ Adds Myles Bullock
- On Eve Of AT&T-DOJ Trial, Media Business Weighs The Stakes
- ‘60 Minutes’ Flashes Silent Stormy Daniels In 10-Second Tease Of Sunday Sit Down
- Melina Kanakaredes To Co-Write & Produce Film Based On Life Of ‘On Death & Dying’ Author Elisabeth Kübler-Ross