We’ve learned that Melissa McCarthy will host Saturday Night Live on April 6. This will be McCarthy’s second time hosting SNL in two years and she received rave reviews the first time around in October 2011. One of the highlights of that appearance was a reunion with her Bridesmaids co-star Kristen Wiig in The Lawrence Welk Show cold opening. McCarthy currently stars in the box office hit Identity Thief with Jason Bateman.
Melissa McCarthy To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ On April 6
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Publishing: Joan Rivers Biography Planned For 2016
- Ben Kingsley, Brie Larson Head For 'Brooklyn Bridge'; Revolver Takes 'Bhopal' Disaster Drama
- Fox Writers Intensive Accepting Nominations
- GSN Orders 'Baggage' Spinoff; Jerry Springer To Return As Host
- Mark Feuerstein Joins Showtime's 'Nurse Jackie'; Nick Clifford In VH1's 'Hindsight'
- Rosie's Return Snares Big Ratings For 'The View'