Media companies like CBS Corp and Netflix helped lead the charge for the large-cap stock index, which capped five months of gains today by finishing at 1,569.19, breaking a closing record originally set in October 2007. The S&P closed the quarter up 10%, its strongest frame in a year. Netflix was the benchmark index’s top stock during the quarter, up 104.4 percent at $189.28. Best Buy was up 86.9 percent at $22.15. Among the top performers was CBS Corp, which started the quarter at $39.30 a share and closed today at $46.63, near its high. The markets will be closed tomorrow because of the Good Friday holiday.
Media Stocks Help Fuel S&P 500 Record
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa
- No Hollywood Credits For Obama IP Czar Nominee
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast