EXCLUSIVE: In a rare TV stint, Matthew Broderick has signed on as the lead in CBS‘ untitled Tad Quill multi-camera comedy pilot directed by James Burrows. The project, from CBS TV Studios, centers on Jack (Broderick), a recently widowed father who raises his 12-year old son while jumping back into the dating pool. CBS originally developed the project and ordered it to pilot three years ago but it was shelved because of difficulties casting the lead role, which is considered crucial to the project. After a lengthy courtship, the producers were able to land Broderick who is regularly offered pilots but rarely engages as he is busy doing theater. I hear he committed to the pilot after meeting with creator Quill. Broderick is a familiar face on CBS, the network that carries the Tony Awards. Broderick has had a regular presence at the Tonys, winning twice and co-hosting the show with Nathan Lane in 2001. On TV, he most recently guest starred on Modern Family and 30 Rock. The actor, repped by CAA, is currently starring on Broadway in the musical Nice Work If You Can Get It.
Matthew Broderick To Topline CBS’ Tad Quill Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland's Future: $40.7M Four-Day Opening; 'Pitch Perfect 2' Hits $100M+ High Note - First Sunday Update
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series