EXCLUSIVE: Melissa McCarthy is getting some company on the road in her starring vehicle Tammy. The New Line comedy has cast Mark Duplass (Safety Not Guaranteed, The Mindy Project) in a key role in the pic about a woman (McCarthy) who loses her job and discovers her husband is cheating, then hits the asphalt with her foul-mouthed grandmother. She meets a man (Duplass) on her trip and they develop a strange relationship. McCarthy wrote the script with husband Ben Falcone, who will direct, taking over for original helmer Beth McCarthy-Miller. Duplass just wrapped Open Road’s JFK drama Parkland and the Universal-Blumhouse horror Mercy, based on a Stephen King short story. He also stars in, produced, and co-wrote the upcoming Peachfuzz for Blumhouse, is starring in and exec producing the indie The One I Love, and is gearing up for a spring shoot on his HBO pilot with brother Jay Duplass, Togetherness. Duplass is repped by ICM.
Mark Duplass Joins Melissa McCarthy Comedy ‘Tammy’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie
- Jake Gyllenhaal’s Fight To Mount ‘Stronger’ And Play A Real-Life Superhero
- Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
- Paul Haggis Denies Rape Claims By Publicist; Calls It “Public Hanging”