EXCLUSIVE: Melissa McCarthy is getting some company on the road in her starring vehicle Tammy. The New Line comedy has cast Mark Duplass (Safety Not Guaranteed, The Mindy Project) in a key role in the pic about a woman (McCarthy) who loses her job and discovers her husband is cheating, then hits the asphalt with her foul-mouthed grandmother. She meets a man (Duplass) on her trip and they develop a strange relationship. McCarthy wrote the script with husband Ben Falcone, who will direct, taking over for original helmer Beth McCarthy-Miller. Duplass just wrapped Open Road’s JFK drama Parkland and the Universal-Blumhouse horror Mercy, based on a Stephen King short story. He also stars in, produced, and co-wrote the upcoming Peachfuzz for Blumhouse, is starring in and exec producing the indie The One I Love, and is gearing up for a spring shoot on his HBO pilot with brother Jay Duplass, Togetherness. Duplass is repped by ICM.
Mark Duplass Joins Melissa McCarthy Comedy ‘Tammy’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- Seth Grahame-Smith Bolts From WB’s ‘The Flash’; Search On For New Director
- ‘Maze Runner’ Sequel Production Shut Down Indefinitely For Dylan O’Brien Recovery – Update
- Sierra/Affinity Boards Andrew Niccol’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Anon’ – Cannes
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services