EXCLUSIVE: Melissa McCarthy is getting some company on the road in her starring vehicle Tammy. The New Line comedy has cast Mark Duplass (Safety Not Guaranteed, The Mindy Project) in a key role in the pic about a woman (McCarthy) who loses her job and discovers her husband is cheating, then hits the asphalt with her foul-mouthed grandmother. She meets a man (Duplass) on her trip and they develop a strange relationship. McCarthy wrote the script with husband Ben Falcone, who will direct, taking over for original helmer Beth McCarthy-Miller. Duplass just wrapped Open Road’s JFK drama Parkland and the Universal-Blumhouse horror Mercy, based on a Stephen King short story. He also stars in, produced, and co-wrote the upcoming Peachfuzz for Blumhouse, is starring in and exec producing the indie The One I Love, and is gearing up for a spring shoot on his HBO pilot with brother Jay Duplass, Togetherness. Duplass is repped by ICM.
Mark Duplass Joins Melissa McCarthy Comedy ‘Tammy’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Latest Film News
- John McEnroe Documentary Being Served Up For August Release Via Oscilloscope
- Netflix Sets May Start For Wash Westmoreland’s ‘The Earthquake Bird;’ Alicia Vikander, Riley Keough To Star
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Trailer Arrives: It’s An X-Force To Be Reckoned With
- ‘Monty Python’ Heads To Netflix As SVOD Service Picks Up Entire Comedy Catalog
- BFI Reports Reveal How UK Films Fared At 2017 Global Box Office & On Awards Circuit
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Deleted Scene Features Tom Hardy, Prince Harry & Prince William As Storm Troopers