Blue Bloods has found a new temporary partner for Detective Danny Reagan (Donnie Wahlberg). Marisa Ramirez (Against The Wall) has been cast for a five-episode arc playing Detective Maria Baez, who will be paired with Danny. The recurring gig comes with the possibility for Ramirez to continue as a regular next season. Ramirez’s first episode on Blue Bloods airs this Friday, and word of her casting started getting out as the network began to release images from the episode. Ramirez plays the third temporary partner for Danny this season, following a four-episode stint by Megan Ketch and a three-episode one by Megan Boone. They are filling the void left by the departure of series regular Jennifer Esposito who was put on an indefinite medical leave by Blue Bloods producer CBS TV Studios last fall and is unlikely to return to the show. Ramirez also recurs on ABC’s Body Of Proof this season.
Marisa Ramirez Joins ‘Blue Bloods’ As New Partner For Danny
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'