Blue Bloods has found a new temporary partner for Detective Danny Reagan (Donnie Wahlberg). Marisa Ramirez (Against The Wall) has been cast for a five-episode arc playing Detective Maria Baez, who will be paired with Danny. The recurring gig comes with the possibility for Ramirez to continue as a regular next season. Ramirez’s first episode on Blue Bloods airs this Friday, and word of her casting started getting out as the network began to release images from the episode. Ramirez plays the third temporary partner for Danny this season, following a four-episode stint by Megan Ketch and a three-episode one by Megan Boone. They are filling the void left by the departure of series regular Jennifer Esposito who was put on an indefinite medical leave by Blue Bloods producer CBS TV Studios last fall and is unlikely to return to the show. Ramirez also recurs on ABC’s Body Of Proof this season.
Marisa Ramirez Joins ‘Blue Bloods’ As New Partner For Danny
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'
- TBS To Air First Season Of CBS Comedy 'Mom'