Blue Bloods has found a new temporary partner for Detective Danny Reagan (Donnie Wahlberg). Marisa Ramirez (Against The Wall) has been cast for a five-episode arc playing Detective Maria Baez, who will be paired with Danny. The recurring gig comes with the possibility for Ramirez to continue as a regular next season. Ramirez’s first episode on Blue Bloods airs this Friday, and word of her casting started getting out as the network began to release images from the episode. Ramirez plays the third temporary partner for Danny this season, following a four-episode stint by Megan Ketch and a three-episode one by Megan Boone. They are filling the void left by the departure of series regular Jennifer Esposito who was put on an indefinite medical leave by Blue Bloods producer CBS TV Studios last fall and is unlikely to return to the show. Ramirez also recurs on ABC’s Body Of Proof this season.
Marisa Ramirez Joins ‘Blue Bloods’ As New Partner For Danny
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- “Hello, Clarice” – Jodie Foster Visits Stephen Colbert For Special Probe Into Lecter Ties To Trump
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix