EXCLUSIVE: Mandy Moore is set as the female lead opposite Ben McKenzie in the CBS/Warner Bros Television drama pilot The Advocates, written by Bruno Heller and directed by David Nutter. It centers on lawyer Shannon Carter (Moore) and ex-con Henry Bird (McKenzie), who team up as “victim advocates,” going to the very edge of the law to right wrongs and fight for the underdog. Once a take-no-prisoners Assistant District Attorney, Shannon now works as a victims advocate after learning the truth about her tragic past and connection to an unjustly incarcerated man. The casting for WME-repped Moore comes less than a week after she exited ABC comedy pilot Pulling. Her previous drama series experience includes an arc on ABC’s flagship drama Grey’s Anatomy.
Mandy Moore To Star In CBS Drama Pilot ‘The Advocates’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- ‘How To Get Away With Murder’ Season Finale: Killer Revealed, New Puzzle Posed
- Stephen Colbert Opens ‘Late Show’ With Message To Donald Trump From Bathroom Signs
- ‘Nashville’ Star Exits In Tragic Plot Twist, Reflects On 4.5-Season Run & Its End
- ‘Tonight Show’ Reveals How Donald Trump’s Staff Gathers Flattering News Footage
- Caitlyn Jenner Scolds Donald Trump For Revoking Transgender Protections – Update
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?