Majandra Delfino has departed ABC’s comedy pilot Keep Calm And Karey On, from writer/executive producer Andrea Abbate, 20th Century Fox TV and 21 Laps/Adelstein. The project centers on Karey (Kelly Preston), the clean-nosed black sheep in a family of petty thieves, drug addicts, and narcissists. When her brother is sent to prison, she decides to raise his kids along with her adopted black son and give them the normal lives they deserve. Delfino was to play Kaerey’s sister Penny. Delfino is the third actress on an ABC comedy pilot to depart in the final stages of casting this season, joining Mercedes Masohn from Mixology and Mandy Moore from Pulling. In all three cases, the actresses were among the first hired in the projects, and, with casts coming together, the dynamic on the shows and some of the characters changed, leading to the exits. For instance, Delfino was cast long before Preston, who is older than the Karey character was originally envisioned and two decades older than Delfino.
Majandra Delfino Exits ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Keep Calm And Karey On’
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This. America's On A Roll!"
Latest TV News
- DNC Final Day Ratings See Hillary Clinton Down From Obama In 2012; Steady With Trump & RNC
- ‘This Is Us’: Jon Huertas Joins Dan Fogelman NBC Dramedy
- Sony Pictures Division Hit By Losses In Quarterly Earnings
- Richard Kind, The Last Martin O’Malley Supporter, Attends DNC For Stephen Colbert’s ‘Late Show’
- The Hillbillies Have Eyes In New ‘American Horror Story’ Season 6 Teasers
- Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: “First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America’s On A Roll!”