Magnolia Pictures has acquired world distribution rights to Touchy Feely from writer/director Lynn Shelton. Touchy Feely, which made its world premiere in competition at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, stars Rosemarie DeWitt, Josh Pais and Ellen Page and is Shelton’s follow-up film to Your Sister’s Sister. Touchy Feely takes an intimate look at a family whose delicate psychic balance suddenly unravels. It centers on Abby (DeWitt), a sought after massage therapist and a free spirit, and her brother Paul (Josh Pais) who thrives on routine and convention. Paul runs a flagging dental practice with the assistance of his emotionally stunted daughter Jenny (Page). Things take a turn when Abby develops an uncontrollable aversion to bodily contact, which not only makes her occupation impossible but severely hinders the passionate love life between her and her boyfriend (Scoot McNairy.) Meanwhile, rumors of Paul’s “healing touch” begin to miraculously invigorate his practice as well as his life outside the office. Steve Schardt produced. The deal was negotiated by Dori Begley, SVP of Acquisitions at Magnolia, with Submarine and UTA on behalf of the filmmakers. Magnolia’s Christina Rogers will handle world sales.
Magnolia Pictures Acquires ‘Touchy Feely’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…