Magnolia Pictures has acquired world distribution rights to Touchy Feely from writer/director Lynn Shelton. Touchy Feely, which made its world premiere in competition at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival, stars Rosemarie DeWitt, Josh Pais and Ellen Page and is Shelton’s follow-up film to Your Sister’s Sister. Touchy Feely takes an intimate look at a family whose delicate psychic balance suddenly unravels. It centers on Abby (DeWitt), a sought after massage therapist and a free spirit, and her brother Paul (Josh Pais) who thrives on routine and convention. Paul runs a flagging dental practice with the assistance of his emotionally stunted daughter Jenny (Page). Things take a turn when Abby develops an uncontrollable aversion to bodily contact, which not only makes her occupation impossible but severely hinders the passionate love life between her and her boyfriend (Scoot McNairy.) Meanwhile, rumors of Paul’s “healing touch” begin to miraculously invigorate his practice as well as his life outside the office. Steve Schardt produced. The deal was negotiated by Dori Begley, SVP of Acquisitions at Magnolia, with Submarine and UTA on behalf of the filmmakers. Magnolia’s Christina Rogers will handle world sales.
Magnolia Pictures Acquires ‘Touchy Feely’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest Film News
- Denzel Washington To Receive New Dramatists’ 2018 Distinguished Achievement Award
- ‘Tomb Raider’ Tops $100M Offshore, Digs Up $41M In China – International Box Office
- 'Flower' Blooms In Trio Of Pots; 'Keep The Change' Solid: Specialty Box Office
- Desilu Exploring U.S. Public Offering After Acquisition Of Israel’s Vonetize
- ‘The Shape Of Water’ Has Fairy Tale $10M+ China Opening; Crosses $100M Overseas
- Paramount’s ‘Dora The Explorer’ Movie Set For Australia Shoot After Tax Break Concession