This isn’t a complete surprise following the announcement late last month that Madison Square Garden Executive Chairman Jim Dolan resigned from the Live Nation board. MSG had 3.9M Live Nation shares — about 2% of the total — and says this morning that it sold all of the stock for $44 million. That comes to about $11.28 a share, below yesterday’s closing price of $11.63. The sale follows the surprise year-end resignation of Irving Azoff, who was Live Nation’s executive chairman. He’s close to Dolan and manages the guitar-playing cable exec’s blues band, JD And The Straight Shot. MSG said it wouldn’t comment on the transaction. Live Nation shares are down 1.9% in early trading.
Madison Square Garden Sells Stake In Live Nation Entertainment
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest Business News
- AT&T And Time Warner Campaign For Their Merger And Fill In Details
- Obamageddon The Final Ride: POTUS In L.A. Monday For ‘Kimmel’ & Last Fundraiser
- Rachel Weisz Leads A Chilly ‘Plenty’ Revival At The Public Theater – Review
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…
- AT&T And Time Warner Unveil Merger Terms Calling It A “Perfect Match”
- Report: AT&T Reaches $80B+ Deal To Acquire Time Warner; Announcement Could Come As Early As Tonight