AMC‘s new scripted drama Low Winter Sun premieres this summer with 10 one-hour episodes and is based on a two-part miniseries that aired in the UK in 2006. The Endemol/AMC Studios production stars Mark Strong and Lennie James and begins with the murder of a Detroit cop by a fellow detective. Unlike the network’s hit The Walking Dead, the guy doesn’t come back to life, and the seemingly perfect crime activates forces that will forever alter the detective’s life, pulling him into the heart of the Detroit underworld. Chris Mundy (Criminal Minds, Cold Case) is the writer/executive producer/showrunner. Check it out:
Hot TV Teaser: AMC’s ‘Low Winter Sun’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years