AMC‘s new scripted drama Low Winter Sun premieres this summer with 10 one-hour episodes and is based on a two-part miniseries that aired in the UK in 2006. The Endemol/AMC Studios production stars Mark Strong and Lennie James and begins with the murder of a Detroit cop by a fellow detective. Unlike the network’s hit The Walking Dead, the guy doesn’t come back to life, and the seemingly perfect crime activates forces that will forever alter the detective’s life, pulling him into the heart of the Detroit underworld. Chris Mundy (Criminal Minds, Cold Case) is the writer/executive producer/showrunner. Check it out:
Hot TV Teaser: AMC’s ‘Low Winter Sun’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
More From Team
- HBO's 'The Normal Heart' To Receive PGA's Stanley Kramer Award
- Watch President Obama Discuss Sony Hack In Year-End Press Conference (Live Stream)
- Comedy Central Moves Up '@Midnight' For 2 Weeks Ahead Of Larry Wilmore Premiere
- MPAA Says North Korea Attack On Sony Is “Despicable, Criminal Act”
- Hulu Acquires 'Fargo' Miniseries In Deal With MGM
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'