EXCLUSIVE: The CW‘s The Selection reboot has found its queen. CSI and Stargate Universe alumna Louise Lombard has joined the project based on Kiera Cass’ book. The Selection, written by Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain and directed by Alex Graves, is an epic romance centering on America Singer (Yael Grobglas), a working-class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Lombard will play the current queen, Queen Amberly. Refined, intelligent and beloved by the people, Queen Amberly is a canny political player within the palace, and knows everything there is to know about every single girl in The Selection competition. The role was played by Leonor Varela in the original pilot last year. Lombard, repped by Paradigm and Affirmative Entertainment, was recently seen in the BBC film Dripping In Chocolate.
Louise Lombard Tapped For Queen Role In CW Pilot ‘The Selection’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips