EXCLUSIVE: The CW‘s The Selection reboot has found its queen. CSI and Stargate Universe alumna Louise Lombard has joined the project based on Kiera Cass’ book. The Selection, written by Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain and directed by Alex Graves, is an epic romance centering on America Singer (Yael Grobglas), a working-class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Lombard will play the current queen, Queen Amberly. Refined, intelligent and beloved by the people, Queen Amberly is a canny political player within the palace, and knows everything there is to know about every single girl in The Selection competition. The role was played by Leonor Varela in the original pilot last year. Lombard, repped by Paradigm and Affirmative Entertainment, was recently seen in the BBC film Dripping In Chocolate.
Louise Lombard Tapped For Queen Role In CW Pilot ‘The Selection’
What's Hot on Deadline
Red Nose Day Actually: 'Love Actually' Short-Film Sequel With Hugh Grant, Keira Knightley, Bill Nighy & More
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring