EXCLUSIVE: The CW‘s The Selection reboot has found its queen. CSI and Stargate Universe alumna Louise Lombard has joined the project based on Kiera Cass’ book. The Selection, written by Elizabeth Craft and Sarah Fain and directed by Alex Graves, is an epic romance centering on America Singer (Yael Grobglas), a working-class young woman chosen by lottery to participate in a competition with 25 other women for the Royal Prince’s hand to become the nation’s next queen. Lombard will play the current queen, Queen Amberly. Refined, intelligent and beloved by the people, Queen Amberly is a canny political player within the palace, and knows everything there is to know about every single girl in The Selection competition. The role was played by Leonor Varela in the original pilot last year. Lombard, repped by Paradigm and Affirmative Entertainment, was recently seen in the BBC film Dripping In Chocolate.
Louise Lombard Tapped For Queen Role In CW Pilot ‘The Selection’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
Lionsgate Plans 17 Films For 2017, Says 'Star Wars' Grabbed $50M-$100M From 'Mockingjay 2'; Stock Falls 27%
Latest TV News
- Mandalay Sports Media Teams With OBB Pictures For Sports Projects; 76ers’ Joel Embiid First In Lineup
- ‘Rocky Horror Picture Show’ Casts Ben Vereen; ‘Fear The Walking Dead’ Adds Veronica Diaz
- Worldwide Production Agency Names Five As Partners
- Fox Orders ‘The Enforcers’ Female Buddy Comedy Pilot, Chris Case Family Comedy
- ‘Training Day’: Will Ethan Hawke’s Jake Hoyt Return For TV Series Reboot?
- Bernie Sanders Heading to ‘SNL’ To Join Larry David