Liberty Media owns about 27% of the live entertainment power, so it’s not surprising to see its CEO at the head of the table. Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino says that Greg Maffei — a former CFO at Microsoft and Oracle — can help “as our team executes on the three-year plan, driving profitability and shareholder value.” This is the latest of several recent changes in the Live Nation board room. Irving Azoff, who had been executive chairman, resigned at year end and Cablevision CEO Jim Dolan followed in February. Live Nation shares are up 26.5% over the last 12 months, closing Thursday at a 52-week high of $11.88.
Liberty Media’s Greg Maffei Named Non-Executive Chairman Of Live Nation
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
'Person Of Interest' Gets 'The Mentalist' Treatment With 13-Episode Order; Will Season 5 Be Its Last?
Latest Business News
- Rupert Murdoch Tweet: Sale Of Tribune, LA Times Looking Imminent
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- NY Supreme Court Postpones Decision On Plea To Bar DraftKings And FanDuel
- ‘Bones’ EP Sues Fox Over Profit Participation, Accuses Top Execs Of Cancellation Threats
- SAG-AFTRA Executive’s Daughter Returns Home Safely – Update