Liberty Media owns about 27% of the live entertainment power, so it’s not surprising to see its CEO at the head of the table. Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino says that Greg Maffei — a former CFO at Microsoft and Oracle — can help “as our team executes on the three-year plan, driving profitability and shareholder value.” This is the latest of several recent changes in the Live Nation board room. Irving Azoff, who had been executive chairman, resigned at year end and Cablevision CEO Jim Dolan followed in February. Live Nation shares are up 26.5% over the last 12 months, closing Thursday at a 52-week high of $11.88.
Liberty Media’s Greg Maffei Named Non-Executive Chairman Of Live Nation
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- Tribune Media Shares Rise After It Closes Three Real Estate Deals
- Garth Drabinsky Sets ‘Madame Sousatzka’ Musical For His Broadway Comeback
- Would Disney Find A Trick Or Tweet If It Bids For Twitter?
- Annapurna Pictures Launches TV Division Headed By Former HBO Executive Sue Naegle
- Smokey Robinson, BlackRock Team With Primary Wave To Promote “Iconic” Tunes
- Fox Networks Group Names David Levy EVP Of Non-Linear Revenue