Liberty Media owns about 27% of the live entertainment power, so it’s not surprising to see its CEO at the head of the table. Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino says that Greg Maffei — a former CFO at Microsoft and Oracle — can help “as our team executes on the three-year plan, driving profitability and shareholder value.” This is the latest of several recent changes in the Live Nation board room. Irving Azoff, who had been executive chairman, resigned at year end and Cablevision CEO Jim Dolan followed in February. Live Nation shares are up 26.5% over the last 12 months, closing Thursday at a 52-week high of $11.88.
Liberty Media’s Greg Maffei Named Non-Executive Chairman Of Live Nation
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Lieberman
- Now That He's At Carmike, Can Bud Mayo Lead Theaters' Alternative Content Revolution?
- Cable Milestone: Operators Have More Broadband Subs Than TV Ones
- Look Out Gannett: Carl Icahn Buys 6.6% Stake
- Warren Buffett Sends A Mixed Message To John Malone As He Buys Into Charter But Unloads Starz
- Citing “Insulting” Criticism, Comcast And Time Warner Cable Withdraw Funding For Dinner Honoring FCC Commissioner
- Televisa Partners With MiTu To Develop Spanish-Language Digital Content