Liberty Media owns about 27% of the live entertainment power, so it’s not surprising to see its CEO at the head of the table. Live Nation CEO Michael Rapino says that Greg Maffei — a former CFO at Microsoft and Oracle — can help “as our team executes on the three-year plan, driving profitability and shareholder value.” This is the latest of several recent changes in the Live Nation board room. Irving Azoff, who had been executive chairman, resigned at year end and Cablevision CEO Jim Dolan followed in February. Live Nation shares are up 26.5% over the last 12 months, closing Thursday at a 52-week high of $11.88.
Liberty Media’s Greg Maffei Named Non-Executive Chairman Of Live Nation
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Business News
- WWE, Gene Simmons Tag-Team To Launch Horror Label
- Feds Probing Former Paramount Exec Over Embezzlement Allegations
- Tommy Gargotta Tops Theatrical Marketing At Relativity EuropaCorp Distribution
- Technicolor Says Layoffs Will Affect Only Its Media Services Departments
- British Election Campaign Kicks Off With First Televised Leaders Debate
- Richard Rosenblatt Launches Whipclip Video App; Will 3rd Time Also Be A Charm?