Author Lizabeth Zindel and Richard N. Gladstein’s FilmColony are teaming on a half-hour television comedy series based on Zindel’s 2007 teen novel. The show will follow college student Lily Miles as she works part-time for Sabrina Snow, the daughter of a rich NYC politician. Oscar-nominated Gladstein (Finding Neverland, The Cider House Rules) will produce for FilmColony with Melanie Donkers. Zindel will write for the show. Girl Of The Moment is still in the pitching phase but Gladstein announced the pact with an unsettling factoid: “There was a survey done by Syracuse University that found 43.4 percent of girls wanted to work for a celebrity. They chose this option three times more often than U.S. Senator and four times more than chief executive of a major company”.
Lizabeth Zindel’s Teen Novel ‘Girl Of The Moment’ Aiming For TV
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video