Author Lizabeth Zindel and Richard N. Gladstein’s FilmColony are teaming on a half-hour television comedy series based on Zindel’s 2007 teen novel. The show will follow college student Lily Miles as she works part-time for Sabrina Snow, the daughter of a rich NYC politician. Oscar-nominated Gladstein (Finding Neverland, The Cider House Rules) will produce for FilmColony with Melanie Donkers. Zindel will write for the show. Girl Of The Moment is still in the pitching phase but Gladstein announced the pact with an unsettling factoid: “There was a survey done by Syracuse University that found 43.4 percent of girls wanted to work for a celebrity. They chose this option three times more often than U.S. Senator and four times more than chief executive of a major company”.
Lizabeth Zindel’s Teen Novel ‘Girl Of The Moment’ Aiming For TV
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV