Author Lizabeth Zindel and Richard N. Gladstein’s FilmColony are teaming on a half-hour television comedy series based on Zindel’s 2007 teen novel. The show will follow college student Lily Miles as she works part-time for Sabrina Snow, the daughter of a rich NYC politician. Oscar-nominated Gladstein (Finding Neverland, The Cider House Rules) will produce for FilmColony with Melanie Donkers. Zindel will write for the show. Girl Of The Moment is still in the pitching phase but Gladstein announced the pact with an unsettling factoid: “There was a survey done by Syracuse University that found 43.4 percent of girls wanted to work for a celebrity. They chose this option three times more often than U.S. Senator and four times more than chief executive of a major company”.
Lizabeth Zindel’s Teen Novel ‘Girl Of The Moment’ Aiming For TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis