Author Lizabeth Zindel and Richard N. Gladstein’s FilmColony are teaming on a half-hour television comedy series based on Zindel’s 2007 teen novel. The show will follow college student Lily Miles as she works part-time for Sabrina Snow, the daughter of a rich NYC politician. Oscar-nominated Gladstein (Finding Neverland, The Cider House Rules) will produce for FilmColony with Melanie Donkers. Zindel will write for the show. Girl Of The Moment is still in the pitching phase but Gladstein announced the pact with an unsettling factoid: “There was a survey done by Syracuse University that found 43.4 percent of girls wanted to work for a celebrity. They chose this option three times more often than U.S. Senator and four times more than chief executive of a major company”.
Lizabeth Zindel’s Teen Novel ‘Girl Of The Moment’ Aiming For TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'