Author Lizabeth Zindel and Richard N. Gladstein’s FilmColony are teaming on a half-hour television comedy series based on Zindel’s 2007 teen novel. The show will follow college student Lily Miles as she works part-time for Sabrina Snow, the daughter of a rich NYC politician. Oscar-nominated Gladstein (Finding Neverland, The Cider House Rules) will produce for FilmColony with Melanie Donkers. Zindel will write for the show. Girl Of The Moment is still in the pitching phase but Gladstein announced the pact with an unsettling factoid: “There was a survey done by Syracuse University that found 43.4 percent of girls wanted to work for a celebrity. They chose this option three times more often than U.S. Senator and four times more than chief executive of a major company”.
Lizabeth Zindel’s Teen Novel ‘Girl Of The Moment’ Aiming For TV
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- Sundance Institute Taps Pair To Lead Its New Frontier Program
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video