In his call to investors today CBS head Les Moonves referred to the upcoming eighth season of Showtime’s Dexter as its “last season”, supporting speculation that the series is approaching its end. Showtime President David Nevins hinted at an “end-game” during January’s TCAs, and in a Q&A session at Deutsche Bank’s 2013 dbAccess Media, Internet & Telecom Conference today moderator Douglas Mitchelson asked Moonves about the network’s plans post-Dexter. “Ray Donovan is coming on with Liev Schreiber which comes on with Dexter‘s last season starting in June”, said Moonves. “And then we have Masters of Sex, a story of Masters and Johnson, which is a very exciting show. A show that you wouldn’t see on CBS but it works on Showtime. And that comes behind Homeland in September. And just announced, we’re doing a series about the Vatican, which I think is rather timely, which Ridley Scott is directing for us. So we’re very excited about that”. Dexter returns for its eighth season on June 30, 2013.
Les Moonves: Season 8 Of Showtime’s ‘Dexter’ Will Be Its Last
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Nickelodeon Partners With NFL, MLS & NASCAR For NickSports
- Russell Crowe-Ryan Gosling Pic 'The Nice Guys' Gets Summer 2016 Release Date
- 'The Walking Dead' Unveils Season 5 Key Art
- Toronto Roundup: 'Sunshine Superman', 'Match' & 'The Daughter' Sales Deals, More
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers “Making Small…Positive Steps” As She's Brought Out Of Medically Induced Coma
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'