In his call to investors today CBS head Les Moonves referred to the upcoming eighth season of Showtime’s Dexter as its “last season”, supporting speculation that the series is approaching its end. Showtime President David Nevins hinted at an “end-game” during January’s TCAs, and in a Q&A session at Deutsche Bank’s 2013 dbAccess Media, Internet & Telecom Conference today moderator Douglas Mitchelson asked Moonves about the network’s plans post-Dexter. “Ray Donovan is coming on with Liev Schreiber which comes on with Dexter‘s last season starting in June”, said Moonves. “And then we have Masters of Sex, a story of Masters and Johnson, which is a very exciting show. A show that you wouldn’t see on CBS but it works on Showtime. And that comes behind Homeland in September. And just announced, we’re doing a series about the Vatican, which I think is rather timely, which Ridley Scott is directing for us. So we’re very excited about that”. Dexter returns for its eighth season on June 30, 2013.
Les Moonves: Season 8 Of Showtime’s ‘Dexter’ Will Be Its Last
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company