In his call to investors today CBS head Les Moonves referred to the upcoming eighth season of Showtime’s Dexter as its “last season”, supporting speculation that the series is approaching its end. Showtime President David Nevins hinted at an “end-game” during January’s TCAs, and in a Q&A session at Deutsche Bank’s 2013 dbAccess Media, Internet & Telecom Conference today moderator Douglas Mitchelson asked Moonves about the network’s plans post-Dexter. “Ray Donovan is coming on with Liev Schreiber which comes on with Dexter‘s last season starting in June”, said Moonves. “And then we have Masters of Sex, a story of Masters and Johnson, which is a very exciting show. A show that you wouldn’t see on CBS but it works on Showtime. And that comes behind Homeland in September. And just announced, we’re doing a series about the Vatican, which I think is rather timely, which Ridley Scott is directing for us. So we’re very excited about that”. Dexter returns for its eighth season on June 30, 2013.
Les Moonves: Season 8 Of Showtime’s ‘Dexter’ Will Be Its Last
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes 70th Bash: "Cinema Is With Manchester" Says Fest Boss; Guillermo del Toro Talks "Monsters...In Post-Truth Age"
Latest TV News
- Sean Hannity “I Am Not Discussing” DNC Staffer Murder Story “For Now”
- Jon Stewart & HBO Scrap His Digital Animated Series Project
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producer Sued After Tyra Banks “Physically Manipulated” Young Girl
- ‘The Last Ship’ Season 4 Gets August Premiere Date On TNT
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Creative Team Talks Going Beyond The Book – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Laura Bell Bundy Joins ‘Good Behavior’; ‘Zoo’ Casts Delon de Metz