In his call to investors today CBS head Les Moonves referred to the upcoming eighth season of Showtime’s Dexter as its “last season”, supporting speculation that the series is approaching its end. Showtime President David Nevins hinted at an “end-game” during January’s TCAs, and in a Q&A session at Deutsche Bank’s 2013 dbAccess Media, Internet & Telecom Conference today moderator Douglas Mitchelson asked Moonves about the network’s plans post-Dexter. “Ray Donovan is coming on with Liev Schreiber which comes on with Dexter‘s last season starting in June”, said Moonves. “And then we have Masters of Sex, a story of Masters and Johnson, which is a very exciting show. A show that you wouldn’t see on CBS but it works on Showtime. And that comes behind Homeland in September. And just announced, we’re doing a series about the Vatican, which I think is rather timely, which Ridley Scott is directing for us. So we’re very excited about that”. Dexter returns for its eighth season on June 30, 2013.
Les Moonves: Season 8 Of Showtime’s ‘Dexter’ Will Be Its Last
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- ABC Buys Couples Comedy From Amy Harris, Ben Silverman & Jordan Schur
- Sony Pictures Int’l Pacts With Producers Eduardo Cisneros & Jason Shuman
- ‘Madonna: Rebel Heart Tour’ Concert Film To Premiere On Showtime
- How The Power-Broker Koch Brothers Are Killing The Florida Film Business
- James Patterson Teams With David Marshall Grant For ‘Stingray’ FBI Drama At CBS, Sells ‘NYPD Red’ Adaptation…