Sex And The City alumna Kristin Davis is returning to series television with a role in the CBS comedy pilot Bad Teacher, from Sony TV. Based on the 2011 movie, CBS’ single-camera pilot, written/exec produced by Hilary Winston, directed by Don Scardino and exec produced by the film’s writers Gene Stupnitsky and Lee Eisenberg, centers on hot, confident, unapologetic former trophy wife Meredith Davis (Ari Graynor), who becomes a teacher to find a new man after her husband leaves her without a dime. Davis, repped by UTA, Mosaic and Lawyer Jason Sloane, will play Ginny, a history teacher, choir director, Faculty President and Meredith’s nemesis. The role was played by Lucy Punch in the movie. The pilot is also exec produced by Michael Lasker, Jimmy Miller and Sam Hansen.
Kristin Davis Joins CBS’ ‘Bad Teacher’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Andreeva
- Tracy Katsky Lines Up Six Comedy Sales, Extends Deal With Kapital Entertainment
- TBS Orders 'Wrecked' Deserted Island Comedy Pilot That Echoes 'Lost'
- Peter Jacobson, Alex Neustaedter & Gonzalo Menendez Join USA Pilot 'Colony'
- 'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
- Mark Gordon Co. To Adapt Novel 'Plus One', Revisit 'True Blue' For ABC
- Elizabeth Banks To Produce & Direct ABC Comedy From Caroline Williams