Kick-Ass (Aaron Taylor-Johnson), Hit Girl (Chloë Grace Moretz) and Red Mist (Christopher Mintz-Plasse) are back for the follow-up to the original 2010 pic, which made $48.1M domestic for Lionsgate. Kick-Ass 2, directed by Jeff Wadlow and now from Universal, also stars Jim Carrey as Colonel Stars and Stripes, leader of a band of self-made superheroes. It’s due for an August 16 release after the studio pushed back its original date a couple of weeks.
Hot Trailer: ‘Kick-Ass 2′ Red Band
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'