Kevin McNally (Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise, Downton Abbey) and Angus Macfadyen(Chuck) have been added to the cast of AMC‘s pilot Turn. Written by Craig Silverstein based on the book Washington’s Spies and directed by Rupert Wyatt, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull (Jamie Bell), who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. McNally, repped by SMS Talent, plays Richard Woodhull, the local magistrate and Abe’s well-respected father. A loyalist whose allegiance is to the King, we may wonder if he is trying to stay on the side he believes will win as opposed to the side he truly believes in. Macfadyen, repped by Innovative and Kramer Management, plays Robert Rogers, a feared and admired war hero who fought alongside George Washington in the French and Indian war but has fallen from grace following a return to England where he has gambled away his fortune and lapsed into alcoholism.
Kevin McNally & Angus Macfadyen Join AMC Pilot ‘Turn’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'