Kevin McNally (Pirates Of The Caribbean franchise, Downton Abbey) and Angus Macfadyen(Chuck) have been added to the cast of AMC‘s pilot Turn. Written by Craig Silverstein based on the book Washington’s Spies and directed by Rupert Wyatt, Turn is set in the summer of 1778 and tells the story of New York farmer Abe Woodhull (Jamie Bell), who bands together with a group of childhood friends to form The Culper Ring, an unlikely group of spies who turn the tide in America’s fight for independence. McNally, repped by SMS Talent, plays Richard Woodhull, the local magistrate and Abe’s well-respected father. A loyalist whose allegiance is to the King, we may wonder if he is trying to stay on the side he believes will win as opposed to the side he truly believes in. Macfadyen, repped by Innovative and Kramer Management, plays Robert Rogers, a feared and admired war hero who fought alongside George Washington in the French and Indian war but has fallen from grace following a return to England where he has gambled away his fortune and lapsed into alcoholism.
Kevin McNally & Angus Macfadyen Join AMC Pilot ‘Turn’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Stephen Gaghan To Direct AMC Pilot 'White City'
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer