David Letterman hasn’t said anything yet about the latest rumors of the departure of his longtime rival Jay Leno from The Tonight Show and his likely replacement Jimmy Fallon. But the other late-night host, ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel, told CNN’s Jake Tapper in an interview to run today that he thinks the Fallon move “makes perfect sense.” “NBC is looking to move on, because they did it once already. This would be the second time that this has happened,” Kimmel told Tapper. Kimmel, who’s been critical of Leno in the not so distant past, joked that he hoped the supposed moves are a result of him shifting to the 11:35 PM slot earlier this year. But he might be looking forward to facing Fallon for serious reasons: While debuting strong in its new slot January 8, Jimmy Kimmel Live hasn’t been able to overcome Leno in total viewership and only beat him on a few occasions in the key adults 18-49 demo. On average over his first 10 weeks in his new slot, Kimmel has been 81,000 18-49 viewers behind Leno while besting Letterman by 65,000 in the demo. Here’s Kimmel on CNN:
Jimmy Kimmel Weighs In On ‘Tonight Show’ Talk In CNN Interview
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Hits Season High Ratings With Tom Hanks, Lady Gaga & More Donald Trump & Hillary Clinton
Latest TV News
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
- ‘The Talking Dead’: ‘Walking Dead’ Cast Talk Shocking Character Deaths In Rainy Live Event
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere: Negan’s Victim Revealed In Bloody Opener
- Benedict Cumberbatch To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ November 5
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 7 Preview: Who Does Negan Kill? Is It [Spoiler]?
- Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration “Should Kill” The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: “Higher Prices & Fewer Choices”…