Take Down, scripted by Ransom screenwriter Alexander Ignon, follows a group of privileged international teens who fight back when their remote boarding school is besieged by armed kidnappers. I Know What You Did Last Summer‘s Jim Gillespie will direct in his first film since 2005’s Venom. (He most recently co exec-produced the Euro miniseries World Without End, based on the novel by Ken Follett.) Producers include Ed Elbert, Sarah Ryan Black, former Imagenation Abu Dhabi COO Stefan Brunner, Studio Eight’s Jamie Brown and Alex Brown, and Alex Tate. Casting begins soon ahead of a UK shoot this fall, and Ignon is already scripting a sequel with an eye toward franchise opportunities. Gillespie is repped by United Agents, and Ignon is repped by Affirmative Entertainment. Radiant Films International is handling foreign sales.
‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ Director To Helm Teen Thriller ‘Take Down’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office: 'If I Stay' Best Of Lifeless Bunch As 'Sin City 2' Tanks, 'Game' Tries To Find Footing And 'Guardians' No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company