Take Down, scripted by Ransom screenwriter Alexander Ignon, follows a group of privileged international teens who fight back when their remote boarding school is besieged by armed kidnappers. I Know What You Did Last Summer‘s Jim Gillespie will direct in his first film since 2005’s Venom. (He most recently co exec-produced the Euro miniseries World Without End, based on the novel by Ken Follett.) Producers include Ed Elbert, Sarah Ryan Black, former Imagenation Abu Dhabi COO Stefan Brunner, Studio Eight’s Jamie Brown and Alex Brown, and Alex Tate. Casting begins soon ahead of a UK shoot this fall, and Ignon is already scripting a sequel with an eye toward franchise opportunities. Gillespie is repped by United Agents, and Ignon is repped by Affirmative Entertainment. Radiant Films International is handling foreign sales.
‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ Director To Helm Teen Thriller ‘Take Down’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'