Take Down, scripted by Ransom screenwriter Alexander Ignon, follows a group of privileged international teens who fight back when their remote boarding school is besieged by armed kidnappers. I Know What You Did Last Summer‘s Jim Gillespie will direct in his first film since 2005’s Venom. (He most recently co exec-produced the Euro miniseries World Without End, based on the novel by Ken Follett.) Producers include Ed Elbert, Sarah Ryan Black, former Imagenation Abu Dhabi COO Stefan Brunner, Studio Eight’s Jamie Brown and Alex Brown, and Alex Tate. Casting begins soon ahead of a UK shoot this fall, and Ignon is already scripting a sequel with an eye toward franchise opportunities. Gillespie is repped by United Agents, and Ignon is repped by Affirmative Entertainment. Radiant Films International is handling foreign sales.
‘I Know What You Did Last Summer’ Director To Helm Teen Thriller ‘Take Down’
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'