The order comes ahead of the Disney Channel series’ Season 2 finale in September. In the current season, Jesse is No. 1 series in its Friday time period in the kids 2-11, kids 6-11 and tween demos, growing from its first year. Production on Season 3 will begin in July in LA ahead of a fall launch. The series stars Debby Ryan as a nanny for the high-profile Ross family — 14-year-old Emma, the biological child of the bunch, 11-year-old Indian adoptee Ravi, 12-year-old American adoptee Luke and 8-year-old African adoptee Zuri. Helping her to navigate young-adulthood are Bertram, the family’s butler, and Tony, her boyfriend and the building’s doorman. “Our viewers deeply connect with this cast of characters, and the upcoming season will focus on the Ross kids beginning to navigate young adulthood while challenging their favorite nanny with new and entertaining situations”, said Adam Bonnet, SVP Original Programming for Disney Channels Worldwide. The series, from It’s A Laugh Prods, was created by Pamela Eells O’Connell, who serves as executive producer. Ryan is a co-producer.
Disney Channel’s ‘Jessie’ Renewed For Third Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- HBO Developing Musical Comedy From Bruce Eric Kaplan
- Mark Burnett & Roma Downey Producing Guardian Angels Drama For NBC
- AMC Renews 'Halt and Catch Fire' For Second Season
- Ellen Pompeo To Produce Cop Drama For ABC
- Astronaut Family Comedy Lands At ABC With Pilot Production Commitment
- Bow Wow To Co-Star In CBS' 'CSI: Cyber'