Probably all that sweat actually attracted buyers for the clothes Jennifer Lawrence wore in her Oscar-winning role in Silver Linings Playbook — in which it seemed she spent most of the film dancing or jogging. Los Angeles auction house Nate D. Sanders tells Reuters the items, including the custom-tailored white pants Lawrence wore in the film’s perspiration-filled ballroom dance scene with her co-star Bradley Cooper, sold for $3,493. And a teal sports bra and blue long-sleeved shirt she wore during her dance rehearsals with Cooper went for $3,175. The wool, full-length winter coat worn by Lawrence in the pic was the top-selling item during the three-day online auction, selling for $4,652. A black tank top owned by Lawrence, but not worn in the film, grabbed $624. The final tally exceeded expectations — the auction house expected the items to bring in between $500-$1,500 each following Lawrence’s Best Actress Oscar win on Sunday, according to Reuters.
Jennifer Lawrence’s Sweaty ‘Silver Linings’ Clothes Score Big At Auction
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Walking Dead' Season 5: Hot TV Teaser
- Joan Rivers Tribute Nabs 'Fashion Police' Biggest Audience Ever
- R.I.P. Dutch Filmmaker George Sluizer
- 'Saturday Night Live' Insists No Decision On Kenan Thompson After Report Says He's Out At Season End
- Taylor Louderman & Alanna Saunders Join 'Peter Pan Live!'
- DeadlineNow Reviews: 'Gotham' (Video)