Probably all that sweat actually attracted buyers for the clothes Jennifer Lawrence wore in her Oscar-winning role in Silver Linings Playbook — in which it seemed she spent most of the film dancing or jogging. Los Angeles auction house Nate D. Sanders tells Reuters the items, including the custom-tailored white pants Lawrence wore in the film’s perspiration-filled ballroom dance scene with her co-star Bradley Cooper, sold for $3,493. And a teal sports bra and blue long-sleeved shirt she wore during her dance rehearsals with Cooper went for $3,175. The wool, full-length winter coat worn by Lawrence in the pic was the top-selling item during the three-day online auction, selling for $4,652. A black tank top owned by Lawrence, but not worn in the film, grabbed $624. The final tally exceeded expectations — the auction house expected the items to bring in between $500-$1,500 each following Lawrence’s Best Actress Oscar win on Sunday, according to Reuters.
Jennifer Lawrence’s Sweaty ‘Silver Linings’ Clothes Score Big At Auction
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen”
- 'Focus' Trailer: Will Smith, Margot Robbie & The Big Con
- Katherine McNamara Books 'The Maze Runner 2′ & 'Indiscretion'