Probably all that sweat actually attracted buyers for the clothes Jennifer Lawrence wore in her Oscar-winning role in Silver Linings Playbook — in which it seemed she spent most of the film dancing or jogging. Los Angeles auction house Nate D. Sanders tells Reuters the items, including the custom-tailored white pants Lawrence wore in the film’s perspiration-filled ballroom dance scene with her co-star Bradley Cooper, sold for $3,493. And a teal sports bra and blue long-sleeved shirt she wore during her dance rehearsals with Cooper went for $3,175. The wool, full-length winter coat worn by Lawrence in the pic was the top-selling item during the three-day online auction, selling for $4,652. A black tank top owned by Lawrence, but not worn in the film, grabbed $624. The final tally exceeded expectations — the auction house expected the items to bring in between $500-$1,500 each following Lawrence’s Best Actress Oscar win on Sunday, according to Reuters.
Jennifer Lawrence’s Sweaty ‘Silver Linings’ Clothes Score Big At Auction
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…