EXCLUSIVE: Former Blue Bloods co-star Jennifer Esposito is eying her own show, this time on the unscripted side. I’ve learned that the actress is filming a pilot for E! that she also executive produces. The untitled project is a spinoff from the cable network’s upcoming docu-reality series Playing With Fire, which premieres Sunday. Esposito is among those featured on the show, which follows the personal lives and careers of tastemakers and chefs inside New York’s culinary scene. Esposito’s storyline focuses on the actress, who was diagnosed with Celiac disease five years ago, opening her New York gluten-free bakery, Jennifer’s Way. With the bakery now up and running, the pilot will chronicle Esposito’s duties running the place while juggling the other aspects of her life. Atlas Media Corp, the company behind Playing With Fire, also produces the Esposito pilot. The E! project, packaged by Buchwald Fortitude, marks the first major TV gig for Esposito following her much-publicized exit from CBS/CBS TV Studios’ Blue Bloods after the studio put the actress on an indefinite medical leave due to her struggles with Celiac.
Jennifer Esposito To Topline E! Reality Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom
- Fox Developing Couples Dancing Show As ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Awaits Renewal Decision
- MTV’s Nicole Byer Pilot Casts Sophie Von Haselberg, Fahim Anwar & Rachel Hilson
- Samuel Baum Inks 2-Year Deal With HBO