EXCLUSIVE: Former Blue Bloods co-star Jennifer Esposito is eying her own show, this time on the unscripted side. I’ve learned that the actress is filming a pilot for E! that she also executive produces. The untitled project is a spinoff from the cable network’s upcoming docu-reality series Playing With Fire, which premieres Sunday. Esposito is among those featured on the show, which follows the personal lives and careers of tastemakers and chefs inside New York’s culinary scene. Esposito’s storyline focuses on the actress, who was diagnosed with Celiac disease five years ago, opening her New York gluten-free bakery, Jennifer’s Way. With the bakery now up and running, the pilot will chronicle Esposito’s duties running the place while juggling the other aspects of her life. Atlas Media Corp, the company behind Playing With Fire, also produces the Esposito pilot. The E! project, packaged by Buchwald Fortitude, marks the first major TV gig for Esposito following her much-publicized exit from CBS/CBS TV Studios’ Blue Bloods after the studio put the actress on an indefinite medical leave due to her struggles with Celiac.
Jennifer Esposito To Topline E! Reality Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox