EXCLUSIVE: Former Blue Bloods co-star Jennifer Esposito is eying her own show, this time on the unscripted side. I’ve learned that the actress is filming a pilot for E! that she also executive produces. The untitled project is a spinoff from the cable network’s upcoming docu-reality series Playing With Fire, which premieres Sunday. Esposito is among those featured on the show, which follows the personal lives and careers of tastemakers and chefs inside New York’s culinary scene. Esposito’s storyline focuses on the actress, who was diagnosed with Celiac disease five years ago, opening her New York gluten-free bakery, Jennifer’s Way. With the bakery now up and running, the pilot will chronicle Esposito’s duties running the place while juggling the other aspects of her life. Atlas Media Corp, the company behind Playing With Fire, also produces the Esposito pilot. The E! project, packaged by Buchwald Fortitude, marks the first major TV gig for Esposito following her much-publicized exit from CBS/CBS TV Studios’ Blue Bloods after the studio put the actress on an indefinite medical leave due to her struggles with Celiac.
Jennifer Esposito To Topline E! Reality Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Soft, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong, 'Sleepy…
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy