EXCLUSIVE: In his biggest series commitment to date, Jeffrey Wright has joined the cast of HBO’s Boardwalk Empire as a new series regular for the period drama’s upcoming fourth season. He will play Valentin Narcisse, Doctor of Divinity, philanthropist, student of culture and the man who runs Harlem. Season 4 is currently in production and will debut later this year. This marks Wright’s return to HBO where he has starred in several long-form projects, including film Boycott, in which he portrayed Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., landing an AFI Award, and mini-series Angels In America, which earned him an Emmy and Golden Globe for the role he originated onstage and won a Tony for. Wright recently wrapped The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, Only Lovers Left Alive and The Inevitable Defeat Of Mister And Pete, which premiered at Sundance. Boardwalk Empire has been beefing up the cast heading into Season 4 with Wright and Ron Livingston as new regulars. The series is executive produced by creator Terry Winter, Martin Scorsese, Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson, Tim Van Patten and Howard Korder and co-executive produced by Gene Kelly.
Jeffrey Wright Joins HBO’s ‘Boardwalk Empire’ As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Parminder Nagra Cast In ABC Pilot ‘The Kingmakers’
- Matthew Lillard To Star In ‘Problem Child’ NBC Pilot
- ‘True Blood’s Rutina Wesley To Star In ‘Broad Squad’, More ABC Pilots Add Cast
- NBC Picks Up Sniper Miniseries ‘The Reaper’ From Weinstein Co.
- Martha Plimpton To Star In Dan Savage ABC Pilot ‘Family of the Year’
- Christina Vidal To Star In ‘The Curse Of the Fuentes Women’ Pilot, Daphne Rubin-Vega Also Cast