EXCLUSIVE: Jane Fonda is in negotiations to join Tina Fey and Jason Bateman in This Is Where I Leave You. The two-time Oscar winner will play the newly widowed Hillary Foxman in the adaptation of Jonathan Tropper’s comic 2009 novel. The book focuses on a dysfunctional family reunited for a very tense week to mourn the death of their patriarch. Bateman and Fey play two of the four Foxman children in the film. Shawn Levy is directing This Is Where I Leave You with Tropper writing the screenplay. Levy and Paula Weinstein are producing the Warner Bros distributed film, which is looking at a late spring shooting start in New York. As well as a recurring role on HBO’s The Newsroom as network corporate owner Leona Lansing, Fonda will soon be seen playing Nancy Reagan in the upcoming Lee Daniels-directed White House saga The Butler. Jane Fonda is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Jane Fonda In Talks To Join Shawn Levy’s ‘This Is Where I Leave You’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest Film News
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…
- The Weinstein Company’s 363 Bankruptcy Filing Tonight In Delaware?
- Andy Bird Exiting As Chairman Of Walt Disney International
- AMC Entertainment Names Wanda Film Group President John Zeng As Chairman
- Two Women Offer Tearful Accounts of Rape, Sexual Assault By Steven Seagal
- Peter Bart: Donald Trump’s Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills