EXCLUSIVE: Jane Fonda is in negotiations to join Tina Fey and Jason Bateman in This Is Where I Leave You. The two-time Oscar winner will play the newly widowed Hillary Foxman in the adaptation of Jonathan Tropper’s comic 2009 novel. The book focuses on a dysfunctional family reunited for a very tense week to mourn the death of their patriarch. Bateman and Fey play two of the four Foxman children in the film. Shawn Levy is directing This Is Where I Leave You with Tropper writing the screenplay. Levy and Paula Weinstein are producing the Warner Bros distributed film, which is looking at a late spring shooting start in New York. As well as a recurring role on HBO’s The Newsroom as network corporate owner Leona Lansing, Fonda will soon be seen playing Nancy Reagan in the upcoming Lee Daniels-directed White House saga The Butler. Jane Fonda is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Jane Fonda In Talks To Join Shawn Levy’s ‘This Is Where I Leave You’
What's Hot on Deadline
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- Venice: 'La La Land' Dazzles Lido As Film Festival Kicks Off With A Twirl
- WME Vet Cliff Roberts Exiting; Will He End Up At CAA?
- Josh Hartnett In Talks To Star In Indie ‘A Moment To Remember’
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogeneous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast