EXCLUSIVE: Jane Fonda is in negotiations to join Tina Fey and Jason Bateman in This Is Where I Leave You. The two-time Oscar winner will play the newly widowed Hillary Foxman in the adaptation of Jonathan Tropper’s comic 2009 novel. The book focuses on a dysfunctional family reunited for a very tense week to mourn the death of their patriarch. Bateman and Fey play two of the four Foxman children in the film. Shawn Levy is directing This Is Where I Leave You with Tropper writing the screenplay. Levy and Paula Weinstein are producing the Warner Bros distributed film, which is looking at a late spring shooting start in New York. As well as a recurring role on HBO’s The Newsroom as network corporate owner Leona Lansing, Fonda will soon be seen playing Nancy Reagan in the upcoming Lee Daniels-directed White House saga The Butler. Jane Fonda is repped by CAA and Untitled Entertainment.
Jane Fonda In Talks To Join Shawn Levy’s ‘This Is Where I Leave You’
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Ant-Man' Scribes Andrew Barrer & Gabriel Ferrari Join 'Transformers' Writers Room: Cybertron Pic In Offing?
Latest Film News
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Deal Making Campaign?
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features
- Imax Shares Leap As It Announces Hong Kong IPO Plan
- Paramount, Mary Parent To Turn ‘Beyblade’ Into Live Action Feature
- ‘The End Of The Tour’ Trailer: Jason Segel As David Foster Wallace
- Sky To Invest $20M In Milan Hub For Arts; Fremantle Picks Up Jude Law’s ‘The Young Pope': Global Briefs