Pilot season is brutal for actors as networks rush to cast some 100 pilots at the same time and then are as quick to recast roles. The latest case is former Hung star Jane Adams, a Golden Globe nominee for her role on the HBO comedy series, who signed on only a couple of days ago for NBC‘s single-camera comedy pilot starring Craig Robinson. She has now left after the table read. The untitled project centers on a talented musician Craig (Robinson) with rough edges who adjusts to his new life as a music teacher in a big-city middle school, where he encounters teacher politics and the temptations of single moms. Adams was to play Jeannette, an erratic, stressed-out junior high principal who’s constantly in damage-control mode.
Jane Adams Exits NBC’s Craig Robinson Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars TV Review: Stellar Show Spoiled By Best Picture Fiasco
- Kimmel Tweets To Donald Trump During Oscars
- Jimmy Kimmel Taunts Donald Trump In Political Oscars Opening Monologue – Watch
- Last Week Not In Sweden: Bill O’Reilly To Address Nils Bildt Mystery; Twitter Doesn’t Wait
- Joseph Wapner Dies: ‘People’s Court’ Judge Was 97