Pilot season is brutal for actors as networks rush to cast some 100 pilots at the same time and then are as quick to recast roles. The latest case is former Hung star Jane Adams, a Golden Globe nominee for her role on the HBO comedy series, who signed on only a couple of days ago for NBC‘s single-camera comedy pilot starring Craig Robinson. She has now left after the table read. The untitled project centers on a talented musician Craig (Robinson) with rough edges who adjusts to his new life as a music teacher in a big-city middle school, where he encounters teacher politics and the temptations of single moms. Adams was to play Jeannette, an erratic, stressed-out junior high principal who’s constantly in damage-control mode.
Jane Adams Exits NBC’s Craig Robinson Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates