Pilot season is brutal for actors as networks rush to cast some 100 pilots at the same time and then are as quick to recast roles. The latest case is former Hung star Jane Adams, a Golden Globe nominee for her role on the HBO comedy series, who signed on only a couple of days ago for NBC‘s single-camera comedy pilot starring Craig Robinson. She has now left after the table read. The untitled project centers on a talented musician Craig (Robinson) with rough edges who adjusts to his new life as a music teacher in a big-city middle school, where he encounters teacher politics and the temptations of single moms. Adams was to play Jeannette, an erratic, stressed-out junior high principal who’s constantly in damage-control mode.
Jane Adams Exits NBC’s Craig Robinson Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Mykelti Williamson To Recur (And Sing) On ABC's 'Nashville'
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future