Pilot season is brutal for actors as networks rush to cast some 100 pilots at the same time and then are as quick to recast roles. The latest case is former Hung star Jane Adams, a Golden Globe nominee for her role on the HBO comedy series, who signed on only a couple of days ago for NBC‘s single-camera comedy pilot starring Craig Robinson. She has now left after the table read. The untitled project centers on a talented musician Craig (Robinson) with rough edges who adjusts to his new life as a music teacher in a big-city middle school, where he encounters teacher politics and the temptations of single moms. Adams was to play Jeannette, an erratic, stressed-out junior high principal who’s constantly in damage-control mode.
Jane Adams Exits NBC’s Craig Robinson Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'Last Man On Earth' Finale: EPs Phil Lord & Christopher Miller Tease "Awesome" Season 2 & Post-Apocalyptic Fun
Latest TV News
- IFC Developing Revenge Comedy From Erin Simon & Kim Karp
- Charles Roven's Atlas Artists Adds Tory Howard, Nicholas Todisco To Management Team
- $15M Anti-Semitic, Anti-USA & Gender Bias Lawsuit "Absurd" Says Al Jazeera America CEO
- John Oliver Flunks U.S. Education System Over Its Standardized Test Mania
- Carly Fiorina Announces White House Bid On ‘Good Morning America’
- ‘Keeping Up With The Kardashians: About Bruce’ Debuts On E!