Pilot season is brutal for actors as networks rush to cast some 100 pilots at the same time and then are as quick to recast roles. The latest case is former Hung star Jane Adams, a Golden Globe nominee for her role on the HBO comedy series, who signed on only a couple of days ago for NBC‘s single-camera comedy pilot starring Craig Robinson. She has now left after the table read. The untitled project centers on a talented musician Craig (Robinson) with rough edges who adjusts to his new life as a music teacher in a big-city middle school, where he encounters teacher politics and the temptations of single moms. Adams was to play Jeannette, an erratic, stressed-out junior high principal who’s constantly in damage-control mode.
Jane Adams Exits NBC’s Craig Robinson Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'