Former Boston Legal and The Office star James Spader is set to star as the male lead opposite Megan Boone in NBC‘s drama pilot The Blacklist. Written by Jon Bokenkamp, the project centers on Red (Spader), the world’s most wanted criminal who mysteriously turns himself in and offers to give up everyone he has ever worked with. His only condition is he will only work with a newly minted FBI agent, Elizabeth Keen (Boone), with whom he seemingly has no connection. Red is described as a former Army intelligence officer who went AWOL and now serves not as a spy but a facilitator…brokering deals for criminals. Emmy winner Spader, repped by ICM Partners and Melanie Cook, had been pursued for multiple pilots this season, ultimately settling on the Sony TV-produced drama.
James Spader To Topline NBC’s ‘Blacklist’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot
- NBC Adapting Movie 'Problem Child' As Comedy Written By Scot Armstrong