Former Boston Legal and The Office star James Spader is set to star as the male lead opposite Megan Boone in NBC‘s drama pilot The Blacklist. Written by Jon Bokenkamp, the project centers on Red (Spader), the world’s most wanted criminal who mysteriously turns himself in and offers to give up everyone he has ever worked with. His only condition is he will only work with a newly minted FBI agent, Elizabeth Keen (Boone), with whom he seemingly has no connection. Red is described as a former Army intelligence officer who went AWOL and now serves not as a spy but a facilitator…brokering deals for criminals. Emmy winner Spader, repped by ICM Partners and Melanie Cook, had been pursued for multiple pilots this season, ultimately settling on the Sony TV-produced drama.
James Spader To Topline NBC’s ‘Blacklist’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'
- NBC Cancels 'Working The Engels'