Former Boston Legal and The Office star James Spader is set to star as the male lead opposite Megan Boone in NBC‘s drama pilot The Blacklist. Written by Jon Bokenkamp, the project centers on Red (Spader), the world’s most wanted criminal who mysteriously turns himself in and offers to give up everyone he has ever worked with. His only condition is he will only work with a newly minted FBI agent, Elizabeth Keen (Boone), with whom he seemingly has no connection. Red is described as a former Army intelligence officer who went AWOL and now serves not as a spy but a facilitator…brokering deals for criminals. Emmy winner Spader, repped by ICM Partners and Melanie Cook, had been pursued for multiple pilots this season, ultimately settling on the Sony TV-produced drama.
James Spader To Topline NBC’s ‘Blacklist’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better