James Holmes‘ attorneys told a Colorado judge this morning during his arraignment hearing that they needed more time to respond to charges that their client killed 12 people and wounded 70 others in a Cinemark movie theater rampage last July 20 in Aurora, CO during a midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises. But Arapahoe County Court Judge William Sylvester entered the plea for him, setting the stage for an August 5 trial. Holmes is charged will 166 counts of murder, attempted murder and other crimes. The plea still leaves open the possibility Holmes could enter an insanity plea, The Denver Post reports. The paper said prosecutors will announce April 1 if they will seek the death penalty.
Not Guilty Plea For Aurora Theater Shooter
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85