Current CEO Jason Kilar who is leaving at the end of the month revealed the news today on Hulu‘s website. “You know Andy well”, Kilar said, “he’s been a critical senior executive and has been here from the start of this great adventure. As the company’s SVP Content, Forssell helped build Hulu grow from a startup in 2007 to about $700 million in revenue in 2012, Kilar added. Hulu stakeholders ABC/Disney and Fox/News Corp are in discussions with Hulu management about their plans for the company. Once those plans are finalized, the company will make a permanent decision about the CEO. Fellow stakeholder NBCUniversal/Comcast Corp. is barred from an active role at Hulu. ABC and Fox are in talks that may lead to one buying out the other’s interest. The companies, which each own about one-third, are also discussing selling Hulu or changing the business model.
Hulu Names Andy Forssell Acting CEO
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role
- Colin Trevorrow’s Next Page? Helming ‘Book Of Henry’ For SKE