A group of 40 showbiz companies have assembled teams for a youth showcase and celeb match this weekend with soccer stars like Mia Hamm, Alex Morgan and Abby Wambach, and soccer-capable actors including Diego Luna, Demian Bichir, Anthony Lapaglia, Alessandro Nivola, The Bachelor host Chris Harrison and Mike Medavoy. Event co-founder and Sony Pictures Classics exec Dylan Leiner said the event will be held Sunday at Home Depot Center in Carson, CA, and that companies including CAA, ICM Partners, Gersh, Paradigm, SPC, Lionsgate, Endgame, Anonymous Content, The Amazing Race, Survivor, The Bachelor and others rallied to take part in support of The Mia Hamm Foundation and Grassrootsoccer. Info at LAFest.net.
Hollywood Gets Soccer Crazy
What's Hot on Deadline
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?
- Universal Lands Hot Novel ‘The Girl Before’; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
- Lionsgate And ‘Gods Of Egypt’ Director Alex Proyas Apologize For Film’s Lack Of Diversity
- Roman Polanski Will Not Be Extradited To The U.S. From Poland
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Facebook Clip: Snoke Signals, Han Shoots First