A group of 40 showbiz companies have assembled teams for a youth showcase and celeb match this weekend with soccer stars like Mia Hamm, Alex Morgan and Abby Wambach, and soccer-capable actors including Diego Luna, Demian Bichir, Anthony Lapaglia, Alessandro Nivola, The Bachelor host Chris Harrison and Mike Medavoy. Event co-founder and Sony Pictures Classics exec Dylan Leiner said the event will be held Sunday at Home Depot Center in Carson, CA, and that companies including CAA, ICM Partners, Gersh, Paradigm, SPC, Lionsgate, Endgame, Anonymous Content, The Amazing Race, Survivor, The Bachelor and others rallied to take part in support of The Mia Hamm Foundation and Grassrootsoccer. Info at LAFest.net.
Hollywood Gets Soccer Crazy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More