A group of 40 showbiz companies have assembled teams for a youth showcase and celeb match this weekend with soccer stars like Mia Hamm, Alex Morgan and Abby Wambach, and soccer-capable actors including Diego Luna, Demian Bichir, Anthony Lapaglia, Alessandro Nivola, The Bachelor host Chris Harrison and Mike Medavoy. Event co-founder and Sony Pictures Classics exec Dylan Leiner said the event will be held Sunday at Home Depot Center in Carson, CA, and that companies including CAA, ICM Partners, Gersh, Paradigm, SPC, Lionsgate, Endgame, Anonymous Content, The Amazing Race, Survivor, The Bachelor and others rallied to take part in support of The Mia Hamm Foundation and Grassrootsoccer. Info at LAFest.net.
Hollywood Gets Soccer Crazy
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Tomorrowland' Bows With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M - International B.O.
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cannes, Disney Self-Absorption, Suzanne Somers
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $40.7M Bow – Second Sunday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows With $26.7M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $45.8M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy’ Nabs $12.5M…