A group of 40 showbiz companies have assembled teams for a youth showcase and celeb match this weekend with soccer stars like Mia Hamm, Alex Morgan and Abby Wambach, and soccer-capable actors including Diego Luna, Demian Bichir, Anthony Lapaglia, Alessandro Nivola, The Bachelor host Chris Harrison and Mike Medavoy. Event co-founder and Sony Pictures Classics exec Dylan Leiner said the event will be held Sunday at Home Depot Center in Carson, CA, and that companies including CAA, ICM Partners, Gersh, Paradigm, SPC, Lionsgate, Endgame, Anonymous Content, The Amazing Race, Survivor, The Bachelor and others rallied to take part in support of The Mia Hamm Foundation and Grassrootsoccer. Info at LAFest.net.
Hollywood Gets Soccer Crazy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Battle Creek' Review: Vince Gilligan's Old Script Witty Addition To CBS' Sunday, Says Dominic Patten
More From Fleming Jr
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’