The upcoming sixth season of HBO‘s vampire drama True Blood will premiere on June 16. This marks the first season without True Blood creator Alan Ball at the helm. The transition recently hit a bump, with Mark Hudis, who had been tapped to succeed Ball as showrunner, replaced by True Blood co-executive producer Brian Buckner earlier this month. But production continued through the changeover, which doesn’t seem to have affected the series’ premiere date as it is in line with previous seasons. At 10 episodes, Season 6 is a tad shorter than the usual 12-episode cycles of the show due to star Anna Paquin’s pregnancy. Stephen Moyer and Alexander Skarsgård co-star.
HBO Sets Premiere Date For Season 6 Of ‘True Blood’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ray Winstone To Star In ABC Pilot ‘Of Kings and Prophets’
- Jon Dore Cast As Lead In ‘The Half Of It’ CBS Comedy Pilot
- Giovanni Ribisi To Play The Lead In Bryan Cranston-David Shore Pilot 'Sneaky Pete'
- ‘Homeland’s Raza Jaffrey To Co-Star In CBS Pilot ‘Code Black’
- Anika Noni Rose To Topline 'For Justice' CBS Civil Rights Pilot Directed By Ava DuVernay
- ‘Tosh.0′ Sold To Fox Stations In Syndication Deal With Debmar-Mercury