The upcoming sixth season of HBO‘s vampire drama True Blood will premiere on June 16. This marks the first season without True Blood creator Alan Ball at the helm. The transition recently hit a bump, with Mark Hudis, who had been tapped to succeed Ball as showrunner, replaced by True Blood co-executive producer Brian Buckner earlier this month. But production continued through the changeover, which doesn’t seem to have affected the series’ premiere date as it is in line with previous seasons. At 10 episodes, Season 6 is a tad shorter than the usual 12-episode cycles of the show due to star Anna Paquin’s pregnancy. Stephen Moyer and Alexander Skarsgård co-star.
HBO Sets Premiere Date For Season 6 Of ‘True Blood’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Best Picture Envelope Disaster Can't Take Away Triumph Of Best Academy Awards Show In Many A Moon(light)
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Says This Year’s Crazy Oscars Ceremony Was Cursed – Watch
- Conan Reveals “Confusing” Contents Of Best Picture Card Warren Beatty Was Given At Oscars
- PwC Exec Cancels CNN Segment “Apparently On Orders From The Academy,” Anderson Cooper Says
- Bill O’Reilly Addresses ‘Factors’ Nils Bildt Mystery
- Jon Stewart Pops Up To Explore Donald Trump’s Press Hostility With Stephen Colbert
- Stephen Moyer To Topline Fox Marvel Pilot