The upcoming sixth season of HBO‘s vampire drama True Blood will premiere on June 16. This marks the first season without True Blood creator Alan Ball at the helm. The transition recently hit a bump, with Mark Hudis, who had been tapped to succeed Ball as showrunner, replaced by True Blood co-executive producer Brian Buckner earlier this month. But production continued through the changeover, which doesn’t seem to have affected the series’ premiere date as it is in line with previous seasons. At 10 episodes, Season 6 is a tad shorter than the usual 12-episode cycles of the show due to star Anna Paquin’s pregnancy. Stephen Moyer and Alexander Skarsgård co-star.
HBO Sets Premiere Date For Season 6 Of ‘True Blood’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'