Fox execs Terence Carter and Carolyn Cassidy, Bones EP Jonathan Collier, The League’s Jeff Schaffer and Dan O’Keefe, and Fox Writers Studio co-head Nicky Weinstock are among the mentors of Harvardwood’s third annual “Most Staffable TV Writers” program this spring. The Harvard University-sanctioned nonprofit each year selects five writers based on original TV pilot submissions and sets up each winner with a one-on-one mentorship with a pair of TV pros. The 2013 honorees are Sam Chalsen, Forensic State (one-hour drama); Sue Chung, Shrouded (one-hour drama); Allison Kiessling, Elixir (one-hour drama); Matt Roller, Homeschooled (half-hour comedy); and Ryan Slattery, Market & Castro (half-hour comedy). In its previous two years, writers selected by the program went on to score agency representation at CAA, ICM, Circle of Confusion, Management 360 and Echo Lake. Members of the Harvardwood Writers Program have nabbed gigs on FX’s Justified, HBO’s The Newsroom, Fox’s Family Guy, NBC’s Awake, USA’s Covert Affairs and TNT’s Perception. The organization is open to Harvard alumni, students, faculty, and staff as well as non-Harvard-affiliated figures in the arts, media and entertainment.
Harvardwood Names Most Staffable TV Writers Of 2013
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years
- CNN Suspends Ryan Lizza After New Yorker Cuts Ties Over “Improper Sexual Conduct”
- Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom’s Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still “KeatonStrong”?
- White House Dismisses Donald Trump Accusers As Sen. Gillibrand Demands Resignation
- ‘This Is Us’ Creator Dan Fogelman Teases Second Half Of Season 2: Aftermath Of Kevin’s DUI, Adoption…
- Kenya Barris/Alec Baldwin Family Comedy Gets Straight-To-Series Order By ABC