The Century City Bar Association named Daniel H. Black as its Entertainment Lawyer of the Year last night at its annual awards dinner. Black’s worked at Paramount, Columbia Pictures and Weintraub Entertainment and has been with Greenberg Traurig for 10 years. He is co-chair of the powerhouse firm’s West Coast Entertainment and Media Practice. “Dan is recognized as a media and entertainment industry leader, and he has greatly helped expand our presence in the television and motion picture industries and digital space. We are very proud to have the Century City Bar Association recognize his achievements,” said Jay Cooper, Greenberg Traurig’s Vice-Chair, Global Media and Entertainment Practice, in a statement Wednesday. Also honored at the CCBA’s 45th annual Installation Banquet and Awards Ceremony were Warner Bros VP and Intellectual Property Counsel Avis Frazier-Thomas as Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year. Litigation lawyer of the year went to Gibson Dunn & Crutcher’s Wayne Barsky, and Bankruptcy lawyer of the Year was awarded to Robbin Itkin of Steptoe & Johnson. The CCBA named Irell & Manella the pro bono law firm of the year.
Greenberg Traurig’s Daniel Black Named Entertainment Lawyer Of The Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorites
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald