The Century City Bar Association named Daniel H. Black as its Entertainment Lawyer of the Year last night at its annual awards dinner. Black’s worked at Paramount, Columbia Pictures and Weintraub Entertainment and has been with Greenberg Traurig for 10 years. He is co-chair of the powerhouse firm’s West Coast Entertainment and Media Practice. “Dan is recognized as a media and entertainment industry leader, and he has greatly helped expand our presence in the television and motion picture industries and digital space. We are very proud to have the Century City Bar Association recognize his achievements,” said Jay Cooper, Greenberg Traurig’s Vice-Chair, Global Media and Entertainment Practice, in a statement Wednesday. Also honored at the CCBA’s 45th annual Installation Banquet and Awards Ceremony were Warner Bros VP and Intellectual Property Counsel Avis Frazier-Thomas as Intellectual Property Lawyer of the Year. Litigation lawyer of the year went to Gibson Dunn & Crutcher’s Wayne Barsky, and Bankruptcy lawyer of the Year was awarded to Robbin Itkin of Steptoe & Johnson. The CCBA named Irell & Manella the pro bono law firm of the year.
Greenberg Traurig’s Daniel Black Named Entertainment Lawyer Of The Year
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘American Pastoral’ Review: Ewan McGregor’s Directorial Debut Deserves A Better Reception
- Warner Bros Sues Innovative Artists For Oscar Screener Piracy Of ‘Creed’ + More
- EuropaCorp Boards English-Language Remake of Japanese Thriller 'Shield of Straw'
- ‘The Conjuring’s Hayes Brothers Writing Duo Sign With CAA
- ‘Madea Halloween’ Gets $28.5M Treat, ‘Jack Reacher,’ $22.8M, ‘Ouija’ Grabs $14M, ‘Joneses’ Tanks…
- Peter Jackson & Fran Walsh Rev ‘Mortal Engines’; Directing Debut For ‘Hobbit’ VFX Protege…