EXCLUSIVE: In a deal that I hear was around low six figures, Gold Circle Films has acquired Eden, a sci-fi spec script that was written and will be directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi. The script is a modernized take on the Underground Railroad with aliens as the oppressors instead of other humans. Osunsanmi’s story follows a family on the run and trying to get to a free city. Gold Circle’s Paul Brooks will produce with the company’s COO Scott Niemeyer and SVP Production Guy Danella executive producing. This is the second time Gold Circle and Osunsanmi have worked together. It picked up his Fourth Kind script, which made the Black List, and it was made into the 2009 film of the same name starring Milla Jovovich and released by Universal. Since then, Osunsanmi recently directed Evidence for Marc Platt Productions and Bold Films, which Image Entertainment is set to release later this year. Osunsanmi is repped by CAA, Caliber Media, and attorney Stuart Rosenthal.
Gold Circle Buys ‘Eden’ Spec Script By Olatunde Osunsanmi
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Tomorrowland’ & ‘Poltergeist’ Rise In Matinees – Box Office Friday
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors