EXCLUSIVE: In a deal that I hear was around low six figures, Gold Circle Films has acquired Eden, a sci-fi spec script that was written and will be directed by Olatunde Osunsanmi. The script is a modernized take on the Underground Railroad with aliens as the oppressors instead of other humans. Osunsanmi’s story follows a family on the run and trying to get to a free city. Gold Circle’s Paul Brooks will produce with the company’s COO Scott Niemeyer and SVP Production Guy Danella executive producing. This is the second time Gold Circle and Osunsanmi have worked together. It picked up his Fourth Kind script, which made the Black List, and it was made into the 2009 film of the same name starring Milla Jovovich and released by Universal. Since then, Osunsanmi recently directed Evidence for Marc Platt Productions and Bold Films, which Image Entertainment is set to release later this year. Osunsanmi is repped by CAA, Caliber Media, and attorney Stuart Rosenthal.
Gold Circle Buys ‘Eden’ Spec Script By Olatunde Osunsanmi
What's Hot on Deadline
Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations Announced: 'Carol', 'Spotlight', 'Beasts Of Nation' Come Up Strong
CW's 'DC's Legends Of Tomorrow', 'The 100', Get Premiere Dates, 'Vampire Diaries', 'The Originals' Move To Friday
Latest Film News
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘99 Homes’ Director Ramin Bahrani On Shannon, Garfield & “Web Of Corruption”…
- Bridge Independent & Ketchup Ink Digital Deal
- ‘The Danish Girl’s Tom Hooper On “Moving” Transgender Response To The Film…
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- Ryan Gosling Orbiting Damien Chazelle’s Neil Armstrong Movie At Universal?
- ‘Knight Of Cups’ Trailer: Christian Bale’s Excellent Misadventure