Fox is postponing production on drama pilot Wild Blue, which has been moved off-cycle. Written by Taylor Elmore and to be directed by Michael Dinner, the Sony Pictures TV-produced project is an upstairs/downstairs look at the working men and women aboard an aircraft carrier. Given the setting, Fox and Sony TV had been looking to film the pilot on a Navy carrier. Speculation about the pilot being pushed first surfaced more than two weeks ago when it became clear that the carrier the producers were eying for the shoot would not be available until after pilot season. But around the same time, Tim McGraw, a top choice for the lead role, engaged, entering talks. The prospect of landing him made Fox and Sony TV put a pin in their plans to push production and instead explore alternative location options, including building some of the needed interiors onstage. But McGraw eventually walked away, and the network and studio reverted to their previous plan to wait until the carrier they wanted becomes available. Cast in Wild Blue so far are Mykelti Williamson, Josh Salatin, Will Rothhaar, Alano Miller and Gina Rodriguez.
Fox Aircraft Carrier Pilot ‘Wild Blue’ Pushed
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Andreeva
- Resolution Agent Jennifer Good Goes To Paradigm
- Leslie Jones Named 'Saturday Night Live' Cast Member
- Rainn Wilson To Produce Comedy Starring Vine Favorites, Including Curtis Lepore & Jerry Purpdrank
- Wanda Sykes Signs With UTA
- Literary Manager Stephen Marks Exits Evolution For Rain Management Group
- 'Chrisley Knows Best' Picked Up For Season 3, Holiday Special By USA