Guys With Kids and Childrens Hospital co-star Erinn Hayes will play the female lead in NBC‘s comedy pilot Holding Patterns. She replaces Chyler Leigh who was originally cast in the role. Holding Patterns is an ensemble multi-camera comedy about a group of friends whose lives completely change after they survive a plane crash, caused by Leah (Hayes) ruining Griffin’s (Humphrey Ker) proposal dinner. For Hayes, the casting is in second position to Guys With Kids, which is at the same network and studio, NBC/Universal TV. Because of her relationship with NBC and Uni TV, Hayes was asked to step in for Leigh, who was out of town and under the weather, for the pilot’s table read. Ultimately, during rehearsals, NBC brass concluded that Leigh is not how they envisioned the Leah character. This is the second recasting on Holding Patterns, which also replaced Robert Buckley with Nelson Franklin. Hayes, repped by UTA and manager David Sweeney, will next be seen in indie It’s A Disaster.
Erinn Hayes To Star In NBC Pilot ‘Holding Patterns’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'