Comedian John Mulaney is surrounding himself with some comedy heavyweights on his NBC pilot. After lengthy negotiations, Elliott Gould and Martin Short are set to co-star opposite Mulaney in his untitled multi-camera comedy, from Lorne Michaels, 3 Arts and Universal TV. Written/exec produced by Mulaney and exec produced by 30 Rock‘s Robert Carlock, the project is a young ensemble loosely based on Mulaney’s life. It centers on John (Mulaney), whose naïve, and often pointless, desire to “be a good person” challenges his friendship with his roommates Jane and Seymour. APA-repped Gould plays John’s gay neighbor. WME-repped Short plays Lou, a game show host John writes jokes for.
Elliott Gould & Martin Short To Co-Star In NBC’s John Mulaney Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
'SNL': Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
Ellen Barkin Says "Never Get Into An Elevator Alone With Terry Gilliam" After His Criticism Of #MeToo Movement
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
Director Terry Gilliam Says #MeToo "Got Silly", "Monster" Harvey Weinstein "Opened The Door" For Some
Latest TV News
- ‘SNL’: Anderson Cooper Addresses White House Firings; John Goodman & Fred Armisen Make Surprise Visits
- ‘Will & Grace’ Cast React To Season 3 Renewal; Talk Favorite Guest Stars
- ‘Will & Grace’ Revival Renewed For Season 3 By NBC, Season 2 Expanded
- ‘Harry & Meghan’ Teaser: First Look At The Lifetime Royal Romance
- ‘Scandal’ Wraps Production Of Series Finale In A Blaze Of Social-Media Glory
- NCAA Nabs Friday’s Top Spot, ‘MasterChef Junior’ Strong, ‘Taken’ Grabs Season High Crowd