Comedian John Mulaney is surrounding himself with some comedy heavyweights on his NBC pilot. After lengthy negotiations, Elliott Gould and Martin Short are set to co-star opposite Mulaney in his untitled multi-camera comedy, from Lorne Michaels, 3 Arts and Universal TV. Written/exec produced by Mulaney and exec produced by 30 Rock‘s Robert Carlock, the project is a young ensemble loosely based on Mulaney’s life. It centers on John (Mulaney), whose naïve, and often pointless, desire to “be a good person” challenges his friendship with his roommates Jane and Seymour. APA-repped Gould plays John’s gay neighbor. WME-repped Short plays Lou, a game show host John writes jokes for.
Elliott Gould & Martin Short To Co-Star In NBC’s John Mulaney Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'
- WE TV Orders 'Sex Box' Series About Couples Having & Discussing Sex
- Comedy Writer Lindsey Shockley Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Big Brother' & 'Penn & Teller: Fool Us' Perk Up, 'SYTYCD' Slips
- CBS Buys Adaptation Of British Comedy 'Friday Night Dinner' As Put Pilot