Comedian John Mulaney is surrounding himself with some comedy heavyweights on his NBC pilot. After lengthy negotiations, Elliott Gould and Martin Short are set to co-star opposite Mulaney in his untitled multi-camera comedy, from Lorne Michaels, 3 Arts and Universal TV. Written/exec produced by Mulaney and exec produced by 30 Rock‘s Robert Carlock, the project is a young ensemble loosely based on Mulaney’s life. It centers on John (Mulaney), whose naïve, and often pointless, desire to “be a good person” challenges his friendship with his roommates Jane and Seymour. APA-repped Gould plays John’s gay neighbor. WME-repped Short plays Lou, a game show host John writes jokes for.
Elliott Gould & Martin Short To Co-Star In NBC’s John Mulaney Comedy Pilot
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'