Comedian John Mulaney is surrounding himself with some comedy heavyweights on his NBC pilot. After lengthy negotiations, Elliott Gould and Martin Short are set to co-star opposite Mulaney in his untitled multi-camera comedy, from Lorne Michaels, 3 Arts and Universal TV. Written/exec produced by Mulaney and exec produced by 30 Rock‘s Robert Carlock, the project is a young ensemble loosely based on Mulaney’s life. It centers on John (Mulaney), whose naïve, and often pointless, desire to “be a good person” challenges his friendship with his roommates Jane and Seymour. APA-repped Gould plays John’s gay neighbor. WME-repped Short plays Lou, a game show host John writes jokes for.
Elliott Gould & Martin Short To Co-Star In NBC’s John Mulaney Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
Latest TV News
- Megyn Kelly Tells Stephen Colbert She Wants To Start Next GOP Debate With “Apology Accepted”
- Will Ferrell Brings Exotic Animals To Stephen Colbert’s Post-Super Bowl ‘Late Show’
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Open First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons