Comedian John Mulaney is surrounding himself with some comedy heavyweights on his NBC pilot. After lengthy negotiations, Elliott Gould and Martin Short are set to co-star opposite Mulaney in his untitled multi-camera comedy, from Lorne Michaels, 3 Arts and Universal TV. Written/exec produced by Mulaney and exec produced by 30 Rock‘s Robert Carlock, the project is a young ensemble loosely based on Mulaney’s life. It centers on John (Mulaney), whose naïve, and often pointless, desire to “be a good person” challenges his friendship with his roommates Jane and Seymour. APA-repped Gould plays John’s gay neighbor. WME-repped Short plays Lou, a game show host John writes jokes for.
Elliott Gould & Martin Short To Co-Star In NBC’s John Mulaney Comedy Pilot
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Golden Globes Nominations: 'The Shape Of Water' & 'The Post' Tops In Film, 'Big Little Lies' Leads TV
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert To Would-Be Times Square Bomber: “Seriously?”
- Netflix Inks Int’l Distribution Deal For NBC's 'Good Girls': Inside New Model That Partners the SVOD Giant With U.S. Studios
- Steve Edwards Out At ‘Good Day LA’ After 20-Plus Years
- CNN Suspends Ryan Lizza After New Yorker Cuts Ties Over “Improper Sexual Conduct”
- Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom’s Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still “KeatonStrong”?
- White House Dismisses Donald Trump Accusers As Sen. Gillibrand Demands Resignation