The expected revamp on The View is happening — the rumored ouster of co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck appears to be a done deal. She would join veteran co-host Joy Behar who announced she was leaving the ABC talk show after 16.5 years. Sources have confirmed speculation that Hasselbeck won’t be on The View beyond this season. According to US Weekly, conservative Hasselbeck was deemed “too extreme and right wing.” I hear ABC is already talking to potential replacements for Hasselbeck. Rumor is that Ali Wentworth was approached for the gig and passed. Former Survivor contestant Hasselbeck has been on The View since 2003. “Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a valued member of The View and has a long term contract,” ABC said in a statement.
Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving The ‘View’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate