The expected revamp on The View is happening — the rumored ouster of co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck appears to be a done deal. She would join veteran co-host Joy Behar who announced she was leaving the ABC talk show after 16.5 years. Sources have confirmed speculation that Hasselbeck won’t be on The View beyond this season. According to US Weekly, conservative Hasselbeck was deemed “too extreme and right wing.” I hear ABC is already talking to potential replacements for Hasselbeck. Rumor is that Ali Wentworth was approached for the gig and passed. Former Survivor contestant Hasselbeck has been on The View since 2003. “Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a valued member of The View and has a long term contract,” ABC said in a statement.
Elisabeth Hasselbeck Leaving The ‘View’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Nosing Out 'Pitch Perfect' For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series