On the heels of Disney Junior‘s breakout hit Sofia The First hitting series highs for two consecutive weeks, the pre-school animated series has been renewed for a second season. Sofia the First, which airs on Disney Channel‘s daily programming block for preschoolers Disney Junior as well as the 24-hour channel Disney Junior, is the top cable TV series among Kids 2-5, Girls 2-5 and Boys 2-5. It launched with the ratings records-breaking TV movie Sofia The First: Once Upon A Princess and has spawned a successful soundtrack album. Sofia The First toy and apparel lines and theme park attractions are also in the works.
Disney Junior’s ‘Sofia The First’ Renewed For Second Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Hallmark Channel Upfront Presentation Canceled Due To Storm; Net Makes Announcements, Including ‘When Calls the Heart’ Renewal, At Central Park Event
Ryan Murphy On '9-1-1's Ratings Success, Season 2 Details, Connie Britton's Future On the Show & Potential Spinoff Series
'The Assassination Of Gianni Versace' Season Finale: What Does Designer's Murder Mean 20 Years Later?
Latest TV News
- John Dowd Out As Donald Trump’s Lead Lawyer In Russia Probe
- ‘The Crown’: The Story Behind The Salary Soundbite That Went Viral
- Lilla Crawford Books Lead In ABC’s Bobby Bowman Comedy Pilot; Will Kindrachuk Cast
- ‘King Lear’: First-Look At Anthony Hopkins & Emma Thompson’s Adaptation For BBC & Amazon
- Donald Trump Vows To Beat Up Joe Biden: Overcompensating Old Men 2018
- Byron Allen’s Entertainment Studios Acquires The Weather Channel TV Network For $300 Million