On the heels of Disney Junior‘s breakout hit Sofia The First hitting series highs for two consecutive weeks, the pre-school animated series has been renewed for a second season. Sofia the First, which airs on Disney Channel‘s daily programming block for preschoolers Disney Junior as well as the 24-hour channel Disney Junior, is the top cable TV series among Kids 2-5, Girls 2-5 and Boys 2-5. It launched with the ratings records-breaking TV movie Sofia The First: Once Upon A Princess and has spawned a successful soundtrack album. Sofia The First toy and apparel lines and theme park attractions are also in the works.
Disney Junior’s ‘Sofia The First’ Renewed For Second Season
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC
- 'Longmire' Cancelled By A&E, Will Be Shopped Elsewhere