The Wizards Of Waverly Place and star Selena Gomez couldn’t quite capture the magic of the hit franchise’s heyday. Last night’s Disney Channel original movie The Wizards Return: Alex vs. Alex, delivered 5.9 million total viewers. That was less than half the audience of the 2009 TV movie Wizards of Waverly Place The Movie (13.5 million), which ranks as the #2 cable TV movie ever (behind High School Musical 2). Still, Alex vs. Alex did better than recent Disney Channel films like Girl Vs. Monster (4.9 million) and Let It Shine (5.7 million). It delivered 2.9 million Kids 2-11, 2.3 million Kids 6-11 and 2.2 million Tweens 9-14, ranking as the #1 cable TV telecast of 2013 to date in Tweens 9-14, the #2 cable TV telecast in Kids 2-11 and Kids 6-11, and the #1 kids’ cable TV telecast in Total Viewers. The hourlong special buoyed an all-new episode of Gravity Falls to a series high in Total Viewers (4.5 million). It posted its #2 telecast ever in Tweens 9-14 (1.7 million) and #3 telecast in Kids 2-11 (2.5 million).
Disney Channel’s New ‘Wizards Of Waverly Place’ TV Movie Draws 5.9 Million Viewers
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel: Donald Trump Would Sign Copies Of Koran At Barnes & Noble In Fallujah To Kill Bill Named For Obama
Latest TV News
- Bill Clinton & James Patterson’s Novel 'The President Is Missing' Lands At Showtime For TV Series Adaptation
- ‘Carnival Row’: David Gyasi, Karla Crome, Indira Varma & Tamzin Merchant Join Amazon’s Fantasy…
- Rob Reiner Confuses Tucker Carlson Over Russia Investigation; Fox Host Slams Hollywood’s Embrace Of China
- Donald Trump Blasts Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg For Fueling "The Russia Hoax"
- ‘The Good Doctor’: Tamlyn Tomita Upped To Series Regular On ABC Drama
- ‘Humans’: Mark Bonnar Joins Season 3 Cast Of Sci-Fi Drama Series